$2 NLHE 6-max: enemy plays low connector flops 2 pair and then into fullhouse - where would I stop?

T

t0b4cc0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: enemy plays low connector flops 2 pair and then into fullhouse - where would I stop?

I played 45 minutes and was about to take notes in that moment about the game that its rather boring. everyone folded way too much.
I tried to change it up a bit.

I am aaa.

#Game No : 470734225
***** 888poker Hand History for Game 470734225 *****
$0.01/$0.02 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***
Table Frisco 6 Max (real money)
Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Thegedman ( $2.90 )
Seat 2: warrquz ( $2.78 )
Seat 4: aaa ( $0.91 )
Seat 6: XHarmonizer ( $1.10 )
Seat 7: Zetta582 ( $2.28 )
Seat 9: Dodotew ( $2 )
Zetta582 posts small blind [$0.01]
Dodotew posts big blind [$0.02]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to aaa [ Ts, Jh ]
Thegedman folds
warrquz calls [$0.02]
aaa raises [$0.05]
XHarmonizer folds
Zetta582 folds
Dodotew calls [$0.03]
warrquz calls [$0.03]
** Dealing flop ** [ 2c, 9h, Tc ]
Dodotew checks
warrquz checks
aaa bets [$0.16]
Dodotew raises [$0.40]
warrquz folds
aaa calls [$0.24]
** Dealing turn ** [ Th ]
Dodotew bets [$0.48]
aaa calls [$0.46]
** Dealing river ** [ Kc ]
** Summary **
aaa shows [ Ts, Jh ]
Dodotew shows [ Td, 9d ]
Dodotew collected [ $1.77 ]

With this hand I played 11 hands and folded 36 (=23.4 VPIP) (I opened up with this one)(never checked on the bigblind so its the vpip right?)

I didnt see the potential for fullhouse. I also wouldnt think that he would play T9 since the table played very little hands overall and i mostly saw premium hands. I also dont want to be scared off by people betting a bit more or else i think i will lose against people who pressure me a bit.

Im still new to the game and I change my gameplay alot. Overall I alwready thought about quitting the table because It didnt feel nice playing on it.

Edit: I wanted to change the title with an edit I dont think its a low connector in correct terms

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the quiet players all of the sudden wake up and get noisy it's time to take notice and look for folds. The table you described is not raising flush draws and then putting you all in on the turn when the board pairs. If I'm on my A game I can fold this flop. The turn is brutal as it makes it less likely your opponent has a T. But remember how no one usually even calls not to mention betting aggressively. I would think that he has AT+ here A LOT and even getting crazy odds with a very strong hand may be able to find a fold on the turn as well. All this time they have been waiting for a big hand to play back at you for bullying them. They finally got the big hand. So when they raise the flop just let them have the tiny pot instead of making two more calls and giving away your whole stack. I also wouldn't raise JTo here but if the table is that soft then go for it I guess. I would raise JTs however.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
When you are isolating against a limper, you need to go bigger than 2,5X. Your goal is to isolate him or pick up the blinds uncontested, not to create a bloated multiway pot. The bare minimum is 4X against a single limper, and I personally think 4,5X or even 5X is better. JTo is a bit iffy though, so I would probably just fold this hand and wait for a better one. If you feel bored, then I would rather fire up a second table than start playing questionable hands. And if the table play tight, then maybe find another one.

Flop
Now you bet to much. Your bet is almost the size of the pot. Around half pot or a little more is better. If you had bet a normal size, folding top pair to a raise on the flop is to tight, but when he raise against a pot sized bet, this is screaming strength, and I think, you can safely assume, your hand is no good, and just let it go.

Turn
This card doomed you. Cant see how you can fold now, if you called on the flop, and there is only a half pot sized bet left.

Stack size
I recommend playing cash games with 100BB and use auto top-up.

T

t0b4cc0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for your insights!

I will try with 100BB some times. I usually go for 50. Sometimes it feels good if my stack is 100-200BB tho, while its also a bit scary...

What do you mean by auto top up?