CO wins $1.29

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would probably be 3 betting here preflop a majority of the time. Can you explain the thought process on the check raise flop?

The river I feel like you need to just call at that point if you check.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bit strange way to play this hand. I hate playing out of position. In that case I opt to fold as quickly as possible. I would probbably have folded his continuation bet. Raise here - interesting decision. I would not do that but it's better than just calling. But when he called the raise I'm done with this hand. Use that information you've got thanks to raising - you know he must have a good hand already. Good decision not to call on river but I wouldn't put any more money on turn either.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
thanks for any help.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 5 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $5.33 (267 bb)
CO: $2.00 (100 bb)
BU: $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.36 (118 bb)
BB (Hero): $5.75 (288 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with Q A
1 fold, CO raises to $0.06, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) T J 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.09, Hero raises to $0.28, CO calls $0.19

Turn: ($0.69) J (2 players)
Hero bets $0.33, CO calls $0.33

River: ($1.35) A (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.63, BB (Hero) folds

Total pot: $1.35 (Rake: $0.06)
CO wins $1.29

I like to call with AJ, AQ, AK from time to time BB versus player IP when I have some information about Villain. Overall, against unknowns I am simply 3-betting, because 'they are leveling too much by calling, they are always calling'.
Because we called preflop, we cannot simply be raising a player in position with any piece of equity we take on the flop: many players are going to respond to a check-raise flop with a jam, specially semi-wets flops like this where there are some draws that open margin for a lot of bluffs.
I rather be raising this flop when I have the Ace of Diamonds as a blocker, because even for the times we hit a nut flush with Queen High we are losing for King and Ace of Diamonds, and we are going to lose a ton, because many players are not going for stacks when they own a nut flush with Jack High or Ten High, for example, are you going very often in situations like this?
OTT our equity drops down to the hole and I would simply be giving up of the hand. If I was going to make a double barrel out of position I would pick up a more aggressive sizing, to basically jam always any river, or simply jam the turn itself, because we cut great part of Villain's ranges.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally the CO will try to steal the blinds, with AQ I will 3bet preflop and Cbet the flop, maybe check the turn, but certainly I will bet this river. There are no justification to invest all these money in all the streets to fold these river. He maybe used the position to floating.

P

pandapower99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont mind the flat call preflop with AQo, I would 3 bet it sometimes but prefer to 3bet AQs.
The issue here is that villain has the nut advantage on this board. You dont have 10s or JJs or any overpairs as you should be 3betting them preflop vs a CO raise. You may have pocket 3s but thats a tiny part of your range. Villain here can have all the overpairs, sets, 2 pair hands and good draws. For all those reasons X raising the flop here is not a good idea. Calling the Cbet is fine, you have 2 overs and a gutshot to the nut straight. If the turn doesnt help you and villain fires again, then just fold. J is a bad card because its less likely you have a J and if villain has an overpair he is never folding now. He may even continue with a hand like 9s or 8s putting you on a draw and call down light. Folding the river was the right call, the only thing you beat is a bluff