$2 NLHE 6-max: is all in or is fold?

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played this fine. It's just a bad beat and unfortunately they happen :/

TrpeLoco

TrpeLoco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nothing unusual for PS I lost a lot of the same

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
For me, the best folding option is a preflop, after this 3bet(from BB).

On the flop it is very difficult to fold a middle set!

This is a sick cooler, man! Do not be angry, it happens!

:)

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I analyze my hand myself I think the best option was a fold in front of his pre-flop re-raise.

I also think that after that flop there was nothing to do, it was very difficult to throw my set.

I put the villain in my hands like AQ KK AA

It also seemed strange to me that if I had AA KK I would not have looked for the all in pre flop so I only had the option of the AQ

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never get too bummed about set over set. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's just very unlucky.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's played fine although you could slow play the flop as it's quite dry and allow villain some rope.But other than that nothing wrong with the hand it's just a cooler.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your 235bb’s deep thinking about folding 88 to a 3B? That’s insane! Don’t be results orientated.

If you fold 88 pre to a 3B then you’re folding a huge chunk of what should be a very wide rfi range. I’d be looking to turn the pressure up ip on those frequencies. The calls mandatory. Even if villain is a nit with a tiny 3B then we still call for implied odds.

The flops dry. So calling is best, re raising turn should be the plan. We can chop a lot of hands from villains range after the flop 3B. But this is NL2 so just because villain should only call AA or AQ doesn’t mean he will. We want to be planning on playing for stacks at this point. Pure value.

There are 3 combos of QQ that beat you. We beat 3 combos of 44 (i don’t know villains tendencies) 6 combos of AA, KK and 12 combos of AQ.

3 combos beat us. There is an argument that the spr is so low we need a hand like a set to gii on this flop with a chance of being ahead, but that’s what we’ve got. And by the time we face the 3B QQ becomes more prominent in our range analysis but that’s also monsters under the bed thinking. I’ve played some nitty players in my time where here I’d start to think a set of queens is the only hand that makes sense, but even against some of them I’ve been surprised.

This is all reversible and pretty much just rake pay, you’ll get your share of over sets. It hurts, especially so deep, but don’t sweat it. It’ll come back the other way.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fully agree with Gabe.

Post flop calling three bet is perfect play as stacks are deep enough.

On such a dry flop would give opponent more rope and just call in order to keep AA, KK, AQ in the pot and value owning them selves on later street.

In the end the result would have been the same as you should not lay down 88, set over set just happens.

F

fatshady21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a good all-in and only lost because your opponent had a much better hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perfectly fine with the way the hand played out. I think thats especially at $2 NL its an easy shove with middle set...if they have QQ good for them but on the flop it is the ONLY hand that beats you. Just an unfortunate spot, i'll go broke there everytime at $2NL

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for your analysis, I agree with you that it was very aggressive to re-raise with my 88 preflop but in the same way I think the end would be the same always.

K

krakenba

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Think you played it fine, does the same thing post flop with AA KK, if loose preflop does the same line with 44 too (any pair). Just unlucky

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine, a set is so strong and you want to be getting as much money in as possible with it. Just a cooler.

If he is a lag player you should consider just flatting the flop occasionally to allow him to keep bluffing and also to protect your calling range.

M

MrTerek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to be told if this hand was all in or was it fold? thank you very much
https://www.boomplayer.com/28392960_3300F1A5C3

The best on that board check-call flop-turn and check-raise river. Did u want to get more chips when floped set or what? Opp CB(99 1010 JJ AQ KQ AK AJ KK AA) 85% on that flop and check from u. So, do u get call with your check-raise from 99 1010 JJ AK AJ ?

Folding in Poker