Player Villain allin (0.70)
Player MoryMorte calls (0.70)

------ Summary ------
Pot: 3.93. Rake 0.14. JP fee 0.06
Board: [Ad 3c 8s Ks 7s]

My questions are:
What is the range of the Villain?
What would you do differently?

**I will post villain hand result later so that down't effect your decision.
My friend and I had a 2 hour discussion over Skype and crunching numbers in Pokerstove so I decided to get more ideas from you guys.:D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get it in pre.

Were you planning to fold if you missed the flop?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright ... soon as villain checks and doesnt cbet an Ace board flop something is up.

Either hes done with the hand or he has a monster.

just feels like top set to me or a set of 8s

but a check also could mean QQ and is spooked

preflop hes screaming strength and everyone almost cbets these days... now ur suppose to believe hes weak all of a sudden. Can be just a bad player at 2nl but yeh its suss to me

he could now have a set of kings on turn and villain now has done a delayed cbet... i see a lot of people qq and under checking here and now villain sees flush draw and doesnt want to give anymore freecards

you did underrep so now on turn he could be betting flush draws as well and get better hands to fold

Last edited:
T

theresets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definetly just jam it in pre. As played you cant fold the on this board ever.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to say, one hand about the range of your opponent! so as part of his openreyzov will depend on it! And draw the line, I can say that he has a pair! It probably QQ or JJ!

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fix your pre betting sizes they are hideous. Good size to your first bets is around 0.15-0.20 and so on. His range is irrelevant after you decide the push AK in, would you really fold top pair top kicker in 3bet pot when so little behind? So after you decide to play for stacks try to get in espesially pre like @WVH @the says and post too.

Pre ranges are heavily player dependandt in 2NL. Typical tight ranges here would be {KK+}, semi tight {AK, KK+}, players knowing stuff {AJ+, JJ+}, funnier players 10% the color he likes.

Why does it say :"Player MoryMorte calls (0.26)", when I read hero actually calls 0.08?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn’t mean that analyzing ranges & hands is wrong, you do good job there! Only way to develop. My take was more against over analyzing things, ABC game and thoughts first is my personal opinion.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just get it in pre.

Were you planning to fold if you missed the flop?

I said to myself before 3-betting the min-raise that I am fine to get it all-in pre. When I saw Villain is showing a ton of strength buy min-reraising I did doubt that he has a premium hand so I thought maybe I call and see the flop and gain more info after that.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright ... soon as villain checks and doesnt cbet an Ace board flop something is up.

Either hes done with the hand or he has a monster.

just feels like top set to me or a set of 8s

but a check also could mean QQ and is spooked

preflop hes screaming strength and everyone almost cbets these days... now ur suppose to believe hes weak all of a sudden. Can be just a bad player at 2nl but yeh its suss to me

he could now have a set of kings on turn and villain now has done a delayed cbet... i see a lot of people qq and under checking here and now villain sees flush draw and doesnt want to give anymore freecards

you did underrep so now on turn he could be betting flush draws as well and get better hands to fold

Preflop, I put him on AK or QQ+,
When I saw the Ace on flop, I told to myself that having AA is really hard here(Just 1 hand combinatorics) and when he checked behind thought he has KK mostly, QQ, or AK.
Then the K hit on river and same thing happened to KK!

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hard to say, one hand about the range of your opponent! so as part of his openreyzov will depend on it! And draw the line, I can say that he has a pair! It probably QQ or JJ!

QQ was the bottom range. I did put him on QQ+ or AK.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, I kinda decided to play for the whole stack preflop.

Yes, you did and the best way to play for stacks preflop is just to go ahead and jam it in there. Maybe he makes a mistake and folds a pair or calls with a worse Ace but by getting it in pre with AK and that much already in the middle you're never making a mistake. Now if we do what you did pre, miss the flop, and then face a bet, we can make all kinds of mistakes.

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you did and the best way to play for stacks preflop is just to go ahead and jam it in there. Maybe he makes a mistake and folds a pair or calls with a worse Ace but by getting it in pre with AK and that much already in the middle you're never making a mistake. Now if we do what you did pre, miss the flop, and then face a bet, we can make all kinds of mistakes.

He played the original! The enemy QQ! If the opponent was A he would bet on the flop! The flop scared him! It explains DEBATE 2 hours! Do you think a friend? I'm right?

I

ivanbbb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seat 1 is the button
Seat 1: Villain (2.03). B
Seat 6: MoryMorte (2.16). BB

Player MoryMorte received card: <font color='red'>K<font face="arial">♦</font></font> <font color='black'>A♣</font>

Player x raises (0.04)
Player MoryMorte raises (0.10)
Player Villain raises (0.28)
Player x folds
Player MoryMorte raises (0.44)
Player Villain raises (0.52)
Player MoryMorte calls (0.26)

*** FLOP ***: [Ad 3c 8s]
Player MoryMorte checks
Player Villain checks

*** TURN ***: [Ad 3c 8s] K♠
Player MoryMorte checks
Player Villain bets (0.53)
Player MoryMorte calls (0.53)

*** RIVER ***: [Ad 3c 8s Ks] 7♠
Player MoryMorte checks
Player Villain allin (0.70)
Player MoryMorte calls (0.70)

------ Summary ------
Pot: 3.93. Rake 0.14. JP fee 0.06
Board: [Ad 3c 8s Ks 7s]

My questions are:
What is the range of the Villain?
What would you do differently?

**I will post villain hand result later so that down't effect your decision.
My friend and I had a 2 hour discussion over Skype and crunching numbers in Pokerstove so I decided to get more ideas from you guys.:D

my friend! Take the answer! my answer has a pair QQ!

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fix your pre betting sizes they are hideous. Good size to your first bets is around 0.15-0.20 and so on. His range is irrelevant after you decide the push AK in, would you really fold top pair top kicker in 3bet pot when so little behind? So after you decide to play for stacks try to get in espesially pre like @WVH @the says and post too.

Pre ranges are heavily player dependandt in 2NL. Typical tight ranges here would be {KK+}, semi tight {AK, KK+}, players knowing stuff {AJ+, JJ+}, funnier players 10% the color he likes.

Why does it say :"Player MoryMorte calls (0.26)", when I read hero actually calls 0.08?

The bet siis wrong in the question. Idk how it happened but correct sizes are:

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to know what Villain had he had AA and I shipped my whole stack to him. Lol:)