$2 NLHE 6-max: AKo 3bet pot.

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a standard cooler or I should fold some time vs such reraises? usually its always a set in nl2.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $3.45 (173 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.08 (104 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.64 (132 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K A
1 fold, MP raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 1 fold, BB calls $0.16, MP calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.55) 8 K T (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB raises to $1.04, MP folds, Hero raises to $1.82 (all-in), BB calls $0.78

Turn: ($4.19) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.19) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.19 (Rake: $0.20)

Showdown:
BU (Hero) shows K A (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 7%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

BB shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 93%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

BB wins $3.99

T

tt124f

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I also play NL2 recently. Here is my thought on this.

You are right that people in NL2 do not rasie for nothing. While check-raise the flop is standard set-play, it is possible that your opponent is betting with good draws. For example, JsQs, 9sJs, TsQs etc. Moreover people will often 4-bet with TT in this level. For these reasons I think calling is a viable candidate, especially you are in position. You can easily fold if your opponent keep barelling. The concern is pot size. You nearly commit yourself in the pot if you call. So I prefer folding here, but I will call occasionaly if the pot is smaller and my opponent is loose and aggressive.

I do not like all-in here. When you go all-in I think you assume your hand is the best in that spot, because you have almost no fold equity. However, even against good draws you are not far ahead,(about 1/2 against best draw JsQs) and you are an absolute underdog against AA and set. By going all-in you are putting more money in a losing pot.

Overall I prefer fold or call depending on opponent. These are only some personal opinions since I am also a amature myself. Welcome any counterargument!

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much you could have done. In higher stakes I would consider folding on the flop, but here you can expect any king or a straight draw.

Gordon says don't get busted with one pair so in normal game you should fold to that raise but as I say again on these stakes people can make any crazy move with nothing so I would be more opt to call.

fhruhrhit

fhruhrhit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I am 2nlz player. +5bb/100.
It's worth noting that Hero is blocking A(spade).
This means that opponent's hand range has few flush draws.

I fold. or, at least call.
raise all-in is not good.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
its a standard cooler or I should fold some time vs such reraises? usually its always a set in nl2.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $3.45 (173 bb)
MP: $2.00 (100 bb)
CO: $2.08 (104 bb)
BU (Hero): $2.00 (100 bb)
SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB: $2.64 (132 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with K A
1 fold, MP raises to $0.05, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.18, 1 fold, BB calls $0.16, MP calls $0.13

Flop: ($0.55) 8 K T (3 players)
BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $0.26, BB raises to $1.04, MP folds, Hero raises to $1.82 (all-in), BB calls $0.78

Turn: ($4.19) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.19) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $4.19 (Rake: $0.20)

Showdown:
BU (Hero) shows K A (a pair of Kings)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 43%, Flop: 7%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

BB shows T T (three of a kind, Tens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 93%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

BB wins $3.99

Hello mate, first let's observe the preflop action steps:

1 - MP raises to 2.5x, CO folds, Hero BTN 3-bets to 3.6x, SB folds, and both BB calls out of the way and open raisor/MP calls as well.

Now a important note we should take it is about the player in the Big Blind. The odds for calling in the Big Blind are horrible, because MP's displays strong ranges and will 4-bet/Squeeze or even Jam this situation from time to time and what Big Blind is going to do after that, is to take a very hard decision.
To avoid being too much overplayed by the players sitting in the EP (UTG/MP), modern players tend to call in situations like this with a more capped range, and a more strong range than usual, so we expect more 88+ in situations like this than 22-77 for example.
Some players are going to flat with AJ, AQ, although you are blocking, some recs are going to flat here with any ace or king suited, anyways, we should take a close look into the player in the Big Blind before taking any line or actions.

BB Should not be raising you for the fact that as a 3-bettor, in the long run, you will show more KK, TT and even 88 than the BB, but at the micros this is just small talk, let's go for the basics:
When BB raises us OTF, BB is still in a horrible situation, because the player sitting in Middle Position is about to act, so it demonstrates a lot of strength, this particular raise on the flop.
I believe that at the micros way of thinking we are only going to find K8, KT, 88, TT, because we are bluff catching some possible straight draws that could be bluffing this flop, and this is not good for us.
Plus, we are removing the nut flush of spades, so we are blocking almost every possible bluff Big Blind/Villain could possibly have.

Being faster here: given the strength of Big Blind's action (raising OTF for a sizing bigger than the size of the pot), I could be easily folding this TPTK+BDNF+BDSD, against some types of players that I have information and easily jamming, as you did when I know that it is possible to find some bluff's on raises on the flop like this.
I will not judge you, your equity was pretty good, even for the times they have us beat.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a part of the game, to me are so hard to put the villain in set. Fold a top pair with the best kicker and backdoor top flush are very difficulty. The 3bet on the flop seems more than a flush draw, straight draw or two pair, I think you are winning the majority range of the villain.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"its a standard cooler"

Yes , it is. But bet more OTF. Then is easy to identify a profitable call.