HERO ($1.76)
CO ($3.19)
BTN ($1.19)
SB ($3.08)
BB ($3.71)
UTG ($2.00)

HERO dealt :ah4: :kh4:

preflop
SB posted, BB posted, UTG folds, HERO opens to $0.06, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls

flop ($0.17) :as4: :ac4: :jd4:
SB bets $0.11, BB folds, HERO raises to $0.33, SB calls

turn ($0.80) :4s4:
SB checks, HERO checks

river ($0.80) :7h4:
SB bets $0.53, HERO calls

POT ($1.80)

notes: my table image was tight. no notes on opponents.

i dont know why in the world i played this hand like this. i dont think i should have raised the flop. but, since i did, on the turn i figured well, if i check back, maybe he'll think i was trying to bluff em on the flop, and then he'll bet the river. whereas if i bet the turn, i wont be getting called much. i would like to know how you guys would have played this hand after you raised the flop, and also how you would play from the get go

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HERO ($1.76)
CO ($3.19)
BTN ($1.19)
SB ($3.08)
BB ($3.71)
UTG ($2.00)

HERO dealt :ah4: :kh4:

preflop
SB posted, BB posted, UTG folds, HERO opens to $0.06, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls

flop ($0.17) :as4: :ac4: :jd4:
SB bets $0.11, BB folds, HERO raises to $0.33, SB calls

turn ($0.80) :4s4:
SB checks, HERO checks

river ($0.80) :7h4:
SB bets $0.53, HERO calls

POT ($1.80)

notes: my table image was tight. no notes on opponents.

i dont know why in the world i played this hand like this. i dont think i should have raised the flop. but, since i did, on the turn i figured well, if i check back, maybe he'll think i was trying to bluff em on the flop, and then he'll bet the river. whereas if i bet the turn, i wont be getting called much. i would like to know how you guys would have played this hand after you raised the flop, and also how you would play from the get go

Preflop is fine. Like the sizing, 3x.

Side note: A set (by my definition) is when you hold a pocket pair, and you flop "A set", hitting your card for 3 of a kind. Trips is what you flopped... it was bothering me a little. Tangent.

Anyways, so the flop A-A-Jr, and SB donks for $0.11, we should just call here. Raising him gives him a chance to fold all the horseshit he just donked with (like Jx, small PP, Broadway draws, etc). We dont want this guy to fold. He hardly ever has an ace, you have way the best hand here. We just call. We might as well just flip our cards over and be like "hey dude, I have an ace". Since a donk bet is so horrific by this villain here, we just call. He will have no idea what we have. I'd be happy if he just keeps betting until he's broke, but I'd probably raise him on the turn if he kept up his Tom foolery.

If the guy thinks there's a chance he can make you fold, he'll keep on betting on the turn. We drop there hammer and give him the bad news on the turn after he bets twice. Then, he might just call you out of spite, or because he turned a FD, or just because he is stubborn.

As played, why on earth are you checking back the turn? This is FPS (fancy play syndrome). Bet the turn. Don't check. We are betting for value/protection.

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Side note: A set (by my definition) is when you hold a pocket pair, and you flop "A set", hitting your card for 3 of a kind. Trips is what you flopped... it was bothering me a little. Tangent.

Didnt know that, thought they were interchangeable. Imma fish, thanks

We might as well just flip our cards over and be like "hey dude, I have an ace".

i think youre referring to the fact that i raised him on the flop? If so then...

As played, why on earth are you checking back the turn?

like you said, raising on the flop would be the same as tabling our cards and saying hey dude, i have an ace. so if i continue on the turn, and if he's anything better than a drunk player, he'll for sure know i have an ace. so i checked back, hopefully letting him think that i bluffed at the flop, to induce him to bet on the river.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didnt know that, thought they were interchangeable. Imma fish, thanks

i think youre referring to the fact that i raised him on the flop? If so then...

like you said, raising on the flop would be the same as tabling our cards and saying hey dude, i have an ace. so if i continue on the turn, and if he's anything better than a drunk player, he'll for sure know i have an ace. so i checked back, hopefully letting him think that i bluffed at the flop, to induce him to bet on the river.

I get what you're saying, but it's just FPS. What you're saying is... oh wait a minute, I played straight forward on the flop, now let's confuse him and check back the turn? Why not just flat the flop, and then let him continue his donking on the turn? Doesn't this accomplish what you are trying to do? Now we just miss a street of value, and it's silly. I am pretty certain this villain will be "on an island", "in no man's land" if we just flat the flop, in regards to what he thinks we have. We just don't want to give this guy a chance to get away here. Because if you fold him out on this flop (not this spot necessarily, but all spots like this in the future), you are just throwing money away.

As played, get value. Continue betting . Value/protection. He did call the flop. Now we have a FD to worry about, not to mention some paint cards V could have, and we don't want him hitting broadway (unless K gives him broadway), or hitting a boat with a PP, if we just check back and let him get there. I don't know what he has exactly, but straight draws and PPs make sense. However, we are blocking some straight draws, and it would actually be funny if he hit the straight that gave us a boat, but it's whatever.

And this is micro stakes. This guy doesn't have to be drunk to make bad calls. He already made one (I think anyways, calling flop raise). They just never believe you. If he had us beat, congratulations villain. You have taken a strange line, and cold decked us....

You trying to misrepresent your hand is unnecessary as played. Just bet the turn.

Ideally, we just want to call flop, and just let him continue putting money in with an inferior hand. If we flat flop, and he bets turn, raise him at that point.

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i agree with flat calling the flop, i realized i misplayed it when i reviewed the hand. but now you've convinced me that checking back the turn was also the wrong move. to be honest i wasn't even thinking of the limit i was playing and that he would probably call a lot, i was just thinking of the play in general. thanks for the help

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he calls ur raise which means he has something

i think after the flop blunder u made up for it with check call allowing him to bluff.

but yeh flat flop

S

Sam Powers

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he calls ur raise which means he has something

i think after the flop blunder u made up for it with check call allowing him to bluff.

but yeh flat flop

thanks, makes me feel a little better haha

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a reason we are not raising the river?

2NL and donk bettor in dry board will call any A, and have hard time to fold any pair too.

Against {JJ,AJs-A2s,AJo-A2o} we are 75% favorite, he has 36 combos of smaller A that is not a small number. Edit, well 28 if we discount full houses.

Last edited:
Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
leading out at micros is strength... as funny as it sounds

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level