$2 NLHE 6-max: Agressive air line from OOP - river bluff?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain: fold to 3bet 2/2, no notes, AF 6, AFq 60%, Fold to steal 8/9.

Hero's image is nitty fit and fold tag.

OTR Ax draw and flush draw completes. When he calls flop CB there should not be many Ax hands in his range? If he has most likely hands include Ad. So given we can't win but by betting we bet. At least part of his FD will fire turn. Hero needs villain to fold 40%

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 103 BB (VPIP: 11.76, PFR: 11.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
Hero (SB): 117 BB
BB: 139 BB (VPIP: 20.59, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 35)
UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 24.39, PFR: 19.75, 3Bet Preflop: 3.57, Hands: 86)
MP: 182 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
CO: 132.5 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 43)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J Q

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, CO calls 8 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 2 4 9
Hero bets 13.5 BB, CO calls 13.5 BB

Turn: (50 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero checks, CO checks

River: (50 BB, 2 players) A
Hero bets 32.5 BB

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a fold OOP in the blinds with just two faces unless I've seen Villain try to steal with garbage or have other more important stats like Attempt to Steal being very high(although with only 40ish hands on him, there's only 6-7 times that he's been in any position, so still light on the sample size), limp-fold being high(great stat for fish), or even Fold versus ReSteal(same, as needing a larger sample size. And I think this is what you might have thought you were looking at in your OP. Fold to Steal on Villain doesn't matter at all because he's not in the blinds for the Steal).

I don't really mind your bet on the river trying to represent that you missed your Ace on the flop but just CB, ignored the Turn and then hit on the River, but I think Villain probably has a lot of Ace-Face cards and is thinking they will have you beat after the low flop cards.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was gonna say fold pre. I read the comments, and yeah they said that.

Fold pre. Q-Jo meh. Suited, mayyyyybe.....

As played, I don't think I like river bluff.

He checked back turn. Wouldn't he bet 9x? Couldn't he feasibly have a FD, at least sometimes? If he doesn't have FDs and potentially Ax, then what does he have? He probably bets a 9, unless it's real bad.

But, your line is saying you have a flush, IMO. So, will he believe you? He has something. He called flop. He either has some sort of pair, and he's real passive, or he has a FD, and sometimes goofy SD wheel draws with A-rag.

But I am not the best hand reader in the world, and others may have much more valuable input in this regard......

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx guys.

Yes, he has quite many Ax hands and some draws. Ad does not really matter; he would call many Ax hands OTF.

I got excited because I used logic and hand reading to bet river. It was about break even I would guess. Why it’s not that bad than it might seem is that many villain‘s will call all pairs vs 3bet and do not fold to CB on low boards, and typically quite many Ax hands will fold to CB.

I though hero is saying to have AJs+, AJ+, A9s, A8s, A2s + some diamonds. I don’t think Ax hand will barrel on this run out? Should AJ bet is different matter, but most people will bet it. Actually I’m not sure myself.