$2 NLHE 6-max: Aces OOP in 3bet pot, horrible flop

N

Nico9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, I'd like to hear some thought on this spot I recently faced playing Zoom NL2.

Hero is dealt :ad4::as4: in the Small Blind, blinds 0.01/0.02.

UTG ($2.00) raises to 0.05
MP ($3.62) calls 0.05
CO ($2.18) calls 0.05
BTN folds
SB ($2.00) raises to 0.29
BB folds
UTG folds
MP calls 0.24
CO folds

The flop is :8c4::10c4::qc4:
Pot: 0.70
Hero bets 0.25
MP raises all in 3.33
Hero folds

I'm not sure if check/call is a better line than bet/fold here, and I think I'd be facing 3 barrels even if he had air. I'd like to know what would you do in this flop. Also, should I've sized it up different pre flop?

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Id call here.
SPR is pretty low. Villain can play a Q this way. And also could have a club in his hand.
Too many bluffs in villains range to fold here.
You should bet larger on the flop as well

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You found yourself in a very difficult spot. Your other ace was not a club I'm guessing? If it wasn't there are a lot of 50/50 possibilities here. Two pair, a pair with a club, JJ with a club or an open-ended straight flush draw. Anything else, he's got you beat. If he has a flush, you're dead to a runner runner. If he has a set you're 35% to win.
If he had AK, KK, AQ or QQ, he would have raised the original opening better, so I'd exclude that. KQ off-suit is possible, as well as 88-JJ. These are also hands he'd call your raise with. But J9 of clubs? Unlikely he would call your raise with that hand. QJ with a club? Doubtful because that would be a very loose call. I think that you were quite possibly looking at a set. However, it's $2, so you never know in the end :).

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold! Your range is very strong in this spot. And opponent after calling your 3bet playing push your cbet. I think he play this line with QX never.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It's probably a KcJx going for all of the draws if it isn't a made flush already. You're likely losing here against your villain's range with your off-suit aces, so I think the fold is good. Once in a while, call and look up your villain just to avoid becoming exploitable with this line.

H

Haze of Spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spr is super low, i would just jam flop!

T

tuckfrump69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good fold, the only thing that he jams with you really beat are AQ with Ac

especially this is pokerstar zoom when players are vast majority of the time jamming with something better than overpair on this spot

More likely he has QQ or TT and jamming to protect his equity against AcKx or AcAx, or he might just have a nut flush already