SB: $2.00 (100 bb)
BB (Villain): $0.91 (46 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A A
1 fold, Hero raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) 7 K K (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.09, BB calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.31) 9 (2 players)
BB bets $0.14, BU (Hero) ???

This player is a 48/4 with 1 AF over 25 hands. Also folded to flop cbet 3 out of 4 times already. Suddenly, he calls my cbet and donk bets the turn. Can we call this or is this a fold?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we can call here and look to assess rivers. Villain is still largely, and while it leans me one way and I’d now at most be in cheap sd mode, I don’t think it’s quite enough to give up. We need 25% equity, donking ranges are usually weird, and we still get to hit the occasional ace.

I call. Another donk on a nine spade card an I’m out.

D

dvkay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Makes sense. If the turn donk was an odd bluff and he checks river, we can check back and win or if the Ace hits, bet and perhaps get a call.

I ended up folding, because of the lack of straight and flush draws and the apparent passivity of the player. I didn't think he would be bluffing often.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah there are certainly branches that go river c c and villain turns over some bizarre creature.

And tbh for the price this is a massive over fold, like some 100nl crusher would roll their eyes. I’m doing the lab and Fee would pull out his hair. But I get it and it likely isn’t terrible. This is a K a higher than 50% of the time.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a turn decision. The board is so dry that the equities wont change drastically on the river unless you river an ace. Its a turn decision whether you decide to call this hand down or you fold on the turn... That being said most of the times I faced this kind of aggression it was the trips. But its what ever, against a 50/1 retard you never know. I would also predict that he will be shoving all the rivers. I think this might be a good spot to make the exploitative fold.

J

julianjjboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a call here, consider his vpip so high, TT,JJ,QQ in his calling range, I will call and make decision at river.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call turn, eval river. Flop is a great flop to check on a large % w/ bullets since there's really nothing you're worried about on the turn unless you want to get it in against a passive player. He's less than 50bbs deep so that will likely be happening if you bet the flop.