$2 NLHE 6-max: AA in 3-way pot facing min donk bet and re-raise all in on wet board

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: AA in 3-way pot facing min donk bet and re-raise all in on wet board

888Poker Snap, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $0.84 (42 bb)
MP: $1.00 (50 bb)
CO: $0.89 (45 bb)
BU (Hero): $1.13 (57 bb)
SB: $1.03 (52 bb)
BB: $0.89 (45 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BTN with A A
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, BB calls $0.06, MP calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) K T 9 (3 players)
BB bets $0.02, MP calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB raises to $0.81 (all-in), MP folds, BU (Hero) folds

I think I am beaten most of the time, do you agree?

nml

nml

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s a really strange play to bet the min and then shove. Maybe he’s got KT/QJ/etc, but he also has a lot of spades, Kx, Qx, Jx. You only have to win 35% of the time for it to be a profitable call.

A check shove would make more sense for his play, this is just really strange. A little history of the player would make this an easier decision

A check/shove when you have the nuts is pretty effective in microstakes, because people just don’t believe you. I mean worst case is he’s got QsJs and you still have a handful of outs

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that we need more info on villain before we can accurately make a decision. With that being said...

I don't like to fold AA to wierdos who could have maybe overvalued top pair, but i don't really mind a sigh fold here. I think we would really need him to have a decent amount of overvalued Kx and flush draws to call. I just don't see him min-donk/jamming AsXs.

In my expierence a donk/jam is usually a pretty nutted line, as i said i am okay with a sigh-fold here.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for a dollar i don't fold that. the .02 could have been a misclick that was supposed to be a check or a bigger bet, likely hit bet instead of a % and then bet. so i would do whatever you'd normally do on a check or a standard bet.

to me an open shove or any overbet shove indicates weakness so i'd call.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am thinking it is much more likely the V has a draw+1 pair. I am going to eliminate AK & KK since they probably would have raise you preflop.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The shove is not that crazy with a drawing hand like AsQs or QsTs or JsTs or Ts8s or any Asxs or with 8s7s or ...

Without any more knowledge on the player would choose any AA not holding a spade as a call here.

Aragveli81

Aragveli81

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it is ok to fold here you don’t have equity to call but with some fudge factor it is close decision to call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A check shove would make more sense for his play, this is just really strange. A little history of the player would make this an easier decision

Fish min-bet all the time for no reason, because they have no idea how to play. Its a meaningless bet, so we should just pretend, he check-shoved, because its essentially the exact same thing. And given that he only started with 40BB, I am happy to stack off AA against him. If he flopped two pair or better, then good for him. I expect him to also have plenty of KX and draws in his range for this to be a profitable spot to get it in.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I totally understand the temptation to call, the better part of me wants to fold though.

Kx and Jx hands are wishful thinking. The only possible 1 pair hand is AsKx.

Draws are more likely, but the key here is that the only draws likely to take this line are combo draws, such as A10s, AsQs, Q10s, Js8s, Js7s and maybe 78s. I think if the villain had a naked flush draw they are far more likely to flat the 10 cents.

However, with this line I think it's pretty unlikely he shows up with JQ and certainly not JQs. KK is also very unlikely.

I think that leaves you up against two pairs, combo draws and 99/1010 a lot of the time. AA can fold against this range.