Hand delivered by Upswing Poker

UTG: $1.02 (51 bb)
MP: $1.05 (53 bb)
CO: $1.03 (52 bb)
BU: $1.58 (79 bb)
SB: $5.46 (273 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.78 (139 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is BB with A A
UTG calls $0.02, MP raises to $0.06, 3 players fold, Hero 3-bets to $0.20, UTG calls $0.18, MP calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.61) J T 8 (3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP bets $0.40, Hero raises to $2.58 (all-in), UTG folds, MP calls $0.45 (all-in)

MP is a decent reg with VPIP/PFR/3bet 27/20/8.6, Flop AF is quite high 3.4
UTG is an unknown but likely to be a fish

888 default buyin is $0.5 for 6max NL2

1.How would you play this hand?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
888 default buyin is $0.5 for 6max NL2? Isn't it $0.8 to $1.00 for Snap?

I think the way you played it is fine but too aggressive for my liking. I just don't like gambling with this type of flop. Your aces are vulnerable but you do have a gutshot backdoor flush draw and Broadway straight draw. You'd think you might be facing AK, JJ+ in this situation but I find that regs at these stakes will call you with Jxs+ or even lower suited connectors.

As a result you're looking at a coin flip here as the only players who will call your bet are on the flush draw or straight draw (or flopped the straight). If you're unlucky, you are facing a made set or straight but that's the risk with going all in like this.

I would probably play it like I am holding AsJs.

Darke

Darke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a very aggressive line. I would have bet out instead of trying to check raise personally, to charge for the draw but being able to cut bait if needed without losing entire stack

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must have some screws loose but I would call this too passive. We are shallow, so the plan is to get it in without thinking that much. Check raising trusts that others are aggressive, maybe they are maybe they are not. If meta permits, the 3bet size could be a bit larger (OOP, utg fish), it might not given 50bb buy in.

Last edited:
Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
888 default buyin is $0.5 for 6max NL2? Isn't it $0.8 to $1.00 for Snap?

I think the way you played it is fine but too aggressive for my liking. I just don't like gambling with this type of flop. Your aces are vulnerable but you do have a gutshot backdoor flush draw and Broadway straight draw. You'd think you might be facing AK, JJ+ in this situation but I find that regs at these stakes will call you with Jxs+ or even lower suited connectors.

As a result you're looking at a coin flip here as the only players who will call your bet are on the flush draw or straight draw (or flopped the straight). If you're unlucky, you are facing a made set or straight but that's the risk with going all in like this.

I would probably play it like I am holding AsJs.
Yes you are right the snap buyin should be $0.8 to $1.0. I meant to type 50BB

Phoenix2223

Phoenix2223

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think your raise here is correct. With this wet board and shallow stacks, you can extract value of this Fish from 9's or Q's and top pairs . I think you can extract value from MP here with Top Pair or even combo draws.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must have some screws loose but I would call this too passive. We are shallow, so the plan is to get it in without thinking that much. Check raising trusts that others are aggressive, maybe they are maybe they are not. If meta permits, the 3bet size could be a bit larger (OOP, utg fish), it might not given 50bb buy in.

I think that you are probably right. A Max-explotative line versus fish makes me smile. If they are going to limp-call you, go ahead and squeeze another few BBs pre. That makes it easier to jam the flop with a value hand.