$2 NLHE 6-max: Is a good bluff?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your intention was good and your semi bluff had a very good result on the river. It was a good hand. But now we will see from the beginning of the sequence.
In preflop your range exceeds only 1/3 of the total possible combinations. Given that there are several rivals to speak after you, this hand should be folded in preflop, if we make a standard game. But we decided to get in the boat, so we see the flop. The pot bet that the villain performs, aims to block all straight projects that can seep into this texture. Most often this movement represents a strong value. On the other hand we have an OESD (just the kind of hand that villain tries to knock down). Then on the turn the second barrel of MP is also very strong and now tries to close the flush line that opens on the board.
When you call on the turn, the only combination that villain doesn't block is 5-6. And on the river another ten appears, and villain continues to attack hard. You respond with a final move and MP renounces grief.
At this point, you should know that villain has made strong attacks since the flop. Your strategy proved correct. But on this board the only line that was completed was a low straight. Any pocket like J-J + can become bluff catcher and call your increase.
I think your line was quite risky, because you did not block any combination of value and only dangerously exposed yourself with your semi bluff, which did not intervene the rank of the villain, at any time during this development.
Regards.

Last edited:
liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop: fold and it's not even close. I advise to have 0% calling range on SB.

Flop: Depends on your range. You shouldn't have 77 and 44 on SB, you shouldn't, but if you do, you can check-raise 98 here. Otherwise call is totally fine.

Turn: you don't have enough equity, I think it is ok to shove from time to time and fold most of the time. You should never call here.

River: Time to give up, you don't have depth to generate fold equity and you also block missed straight. Even though it worked, bluff is very bad here.