$2 NLHE 6-max: Is a fine line?

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like the flop & turn bet, but i prefer to call a bluff on the river than turning my showdown hand into a bluff w/ an unknown opponent

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where are you finding these players that call ridiculous river overbet jams with second pair no kicker on a paired board and stack off with bottom pair on a straight board vs a triple barrel? You get sick amounts of action. Are you showing some bluffs to get players to stack off this light?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
okay

Hi freddydr87, thanks for posting your hand. It is very curious to observe your game. I would like to congratulate you because it seems that you have a hawk eye for seeking recreationals!
All the hands I saw you post here you were not leveling, but playing against recreational players. This is awesome!
Many players forget that we are avoiding breakeven spots at the micros. It is very simple but hard for the community understand: we don't need to level against regulars or good players, because our winrate will be so small IF we play close to god! (1BB / 100).
However, we are human beings, not perfect and we all have an ego. Our ego compromisses a lot our gameplan and decision-making process. We like to be the very best and for so doing, we need to beat the regulars of the field.
The great deal is look it up for recreational players and beat them all.

The mysteries of position

I like your preflop line here although I could call here from time to time (20% calling), versus a Late Position raisor.
Because players opening in Late Position (CO and BTN) are likely to have a wider and weaker range, so when we 3bet or Squeeze from SB we are screaming strength: We are ready to face a 4bet out of position and if we get called we are ready to play out of position.
CO and BTN are going to fold a lot of trash and marginal hands in a situation where SB decided to 3bet. I love the 3bet for steal in a situation that we are in the SB x CO/BTN.
The villain in position decided to call with A9s? Would you do that? This Villain it is just clicking the button of the mouse in his house! Why did it call a 3bet OOP with A9s, because she/he believed that it could flop well in a scenario like that? Why Villain CO called you Flop, Turn and River having 3rd pair in a scenario when CO's range was completely crushed?
So, as played, I loved, it is a very good example for everybody of the capacity of 2 NLHE to pay with anything they think it is suitable. Some players, like this villain in the CO are not thinking: they are just clicking buttons and printing us money! Thanks, nice day!

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where are you finding these players that call ridiculous river overbet jams with second pair no kicker on a paired board and stack off with bottom pair on a straight board vs a triple barrel? You get sick amounts of action. Are you showing some bluffs to get players to stack off this light?
Yes i polarize my ranges,so i show some bluffes,but i dont think that players like him even write a note.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Preflop is standard.

Flop is standard too, although checking is totally fine too.

Turn: no reason to bet here. You are playing 3bet pot, ranges are stronger. You need stronger hands to bet for value.

River: Why turn your hand into a bluff? Bluff with some of your wiffed hands not with JJ!