$2 NLHE 6-max: 4 to a flush on the turn with a big pocket pair

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played this hand earlier today and realized I don't really know how to play spots like this. I think this line is probably my default but looking back at it I don't know how good good of a play it is.

It's a pretty standard c bet for value on the flop but once the turn comes I get lost. I figure a 60% or so pot bet would push out anything that wasn't a higher club but am I ever getting anything worse to call me so I'm just turning my KK into a bluff? Villain had a bit of a weird hand here as he had top pair with a straight flush draw then on the turn a up and down flush draw but on a different 4 to a flush board the 6 of clubs would be folded the turn?

I'm not so much interested in the hand individually but what you would do in a situation like this with QQ+ and MAYBE JJ given it was an open from the CO and only a call by the button. Can I get him to fold quite a few hands that beat me in the spot as his range is somewhat capped by only calling from the button?

PokerStars - $0.02 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 101 BB
SB: 119 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
BB: 98.5 BB
UTG: 160.5 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 2)
Hero (CO): 177.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:heart: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 2:club: 5:club: 4:club:
Hero bets 5 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Turn: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
Hero bets 9.5 BB, BTN calls 9.5 BB

River: (36.5 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows K:heart: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings)
(Pre 80%, Flop 48%, Turn 0%)
BTN shows 6:club: 6:diamond: (Flush, Eight High)
(Pre 20%, Flop 52%, Turn 100%)
BTN wins 35 BB

Thank you for your thoughts

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain range is uncapped on this board as he could have many nut flush combos that may not choose to 3bet preflop.

I would prefer check/fold the turn and small bet-fold river if villain checks behind on the turn.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If villain checks behind the turn we dont need to turn the hand into a bluff on the river just take our showdown.We also dont need to turn it into a bluff on the turn imo if we had no showdown value i dont mind betting the turn.

S

sirrupetot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U should slow down a bit on monoton and connected boards.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Problem here is we could potentially just be bluffing the turn with the best hand a lot of the time. I think I like checking, people hate to fold at this level especially when their line of thinking for calling with pairs and a club or similar hands on that board does not include getting there and then folding turn. We can just bet our better flushes for value and print money I think.

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you played well. It's expensive to bluff on the river. I don't think you're gonna knock out enough hands to make your bluff pay off.

Full Flush Poker