$2 NLHE 6-max: 3 barrels,call with Tpair?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The vilain open and make a 3 barrels in that boar,were he could have Tpair Tkick or K full of 6, i had Tpair 2 kick so i call the 3 barrels because i beat the rest off his rangue(77+ all Axs,and all broadwais)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324tlFYzE

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Did you have any information to make this decision? Despite that, i think it difficult for villain to hit a 6 on the flop or maybe a 3 on the river for the size of the bets.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not the biggest fan of calling 3 barrels here with TP2K unless we have areas that villain likes to triple barrel bluff. While you were correct here, I am not sure
You will correct often enough without a specific read. If it would be UTG I would be even more inclined to fold. When you name 77+ as his range, do you really expect him to triple value bet that?!?!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB's defense x MP's opening range

Nice hand, well played.

Hello there freddydr87 and c0rnBr34d, how you doing guys? Thank ya'll for posting your hands and ideas.
I totally agree with c0rnBr34d, it was very well played, given that MP Villain is a fish most of times, because:

A) MP had a broken stack preflop
B) MP raised 3.5x polarizing its preflop range

Why is this postflop game good?

There are just a couple of values that could be doing 3 barrels here. The board is ultra dry because it double 3's and 6's. We know that many players at the micros just follow this simple line postflop, when they are the open raisors in position:
The line is simple and weak: bet flop/bet turn/bet river with all of its bluffs, all of its draws, all of its medium value hands etc.:eek:
If we in the Big Blind decide to raise any street here, either flop or turn we are giving to MP's bluffs an pretty easy fold. If we fold we are overfolding versus a weaker player.
If we raise turn or river, we are just turning a very good value hand into a bluff. No point, because we don't have too many missing draws or junk in a very dry board like that.
We gotta a pretty sizeable pot river, without doing anything odd that could compromisse our playability of BB's defense range x MP opening range. (85.5 blinds).
Very well played, nice hand and congratulations! Have a wonderful day everyone! Hugs.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Villain's bet size on the river is very small, so that makes it easy call. If villain bets pot then it's fold.

Also, you could also check-raise on the flop, but that's totally optional.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WP. Good board good kicker to call.