S

spankyf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 30/22/7

Hello, first hand post.

Looking for feedback on how others would have read this board and others' aggression levels. Villain had been playing fairly loose, called a fair bit. I had successfully been stealing judiciously all night and he never 3 bet. I am a new player (<4000 hands, 23/18/7) and am trying to control my leaks which are too much aggression/bluffing.

I think the main mistakes here are overvaluing two pair ( I do that a lot ), allowing free shot at making straight by checking turn and too big a bet on the river. Perhaps I should have just checked?

pokerstars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BB: 100 BB
UTG: 114 BB (VPIP: 54.55, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
MP: 100 BB (VPIP: 28.33, PFR: 22.50, 3Bet Preflop: 13.16, Hands: 125)
CO: 98 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 4)
Hero (BTN): 100 BB
SB: 122.5 BB (VPIP: 23.86, PFR: 18.39, 3Bet Preflop: 12.12, Hands: 92)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Tc Td
fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop : (6.5 BB, 2 players) 9c Kd Ks
BB checks, Hero bets 4.5 BB, BB raises to 12.5 BB, Hero raises to 20.5 BB, BB calls 8 BB

Turn : (47.5 BB, 2 players) 9d
BB checks, Hero checks

River : (47.5 BB, 2 players) Qs
BB checks, Hero bets 23 BB, BB calls 23 BB

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is some feedback from someone else who plays NL2. More experienced players may have a different take on it. Take it with a grain of salt!

I wouldn't be taking your line on the flop with middle pair. The C bet is fine as you have some fold equity, but if you want to continue after that just call his re-raise, imo. I think, ignoring implied odds, you'd need about 10 decent outs to call that re-raise profitably, and you have 4 outs to complete a full house. So I'm folding. At 2NL betting usually means strength, not a bluff. Most of the players at this stake really are that transparent the majority of the time.

Also, your re-raise on the flop is a weak sizing, you're giving him good odds to call it and continue.

When one of your pairs comes from the board, you may need to be more careful with 'two pair'.

I wouldn't bet that river, particularly after getting re-raised on the flop. Just check it down and hope to get to showdown without paying anymore.

The turn and river are pretty mystifying to me really to be honest. I assume he ceased the aggression because you fought back on the flop, so either he was bluffing after all (it does happen at this stake but you'll go broke trying to pick when :p ) or he has incorrectly not continued to look for value because you scared him off a bit.

In regards to your own bluffing being a leak... don't bluff at the micros. Against calling stations it will not work. Unless you get a read on someone very nitty using HUD stats there is really no point trying it. Semi bluffs with draws are a different matter.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok we have way overvalued 2 pair.

What are we doing on the flop? The board is KKx which is absolute terrible! We are drawing half dead to any King, (2 outs to a boat) !

We bet, which i am okay with. If he doesn't have a king we are going for value here. When we get c-raised WE NEED TO FOLD. as greendaddy points out, you really don't see that much bluffing at nl2. What does he c-raise with here? nothing but Kx really. Easy fold every day.

Why are we re-rasing a c-raise with middle pair? If we re-raise (as a bluff imo, and we shouldn't at all) we should just jam to maybe get stuff like k6 to fold. He might not even be capable of folding trips with crap kicker.

This nine is a terrible card again. Now we are also pretty much dead to any random 9. Yikes. I check every time.

River is bad as well. Any queen now beats us. I cannot hit the check button quick enough. Never betting this imo.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry idk what happened to the font size lol. Just to sum it up, we are waaay out of line with middle pair in this spot. Too agrro. We have what i call a shiny. It looked good preflop, but now it is just a piece of tinfoil fluttering around in the wind.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha I read that font as you shouting at him!

S

spankyf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What are we doing on the flop? The board is KKx which is absolute terrible! ... WE NEED TO FOLD.

Haha I read that font as you shouting at him!

OK I GET IT :laugh:

Seriously, though thank you both for the good advice. My play from the button is still too loose/aggro and still marrying hands way too much.

Thanks players

P

panost

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I GET IT :laugh:

Seriously, though thank you both for the good advice. My play from the button is still too loose/aggro and still marrying hands way too much.

Thanks players

Keep playing very loose from btn but be careful post flop.