teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HAND 1Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 113.5 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 10.00, hands: 22)
Hero (BTN): 108.5 BB
SB: 85 BB (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 7.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 40)
BB: 180 BB (VPIP: 26.47, PFR: 23.53, 3Bet Preflop: 9.09, Hands: 35)
UTG: 129.5 BB (VPIP: 68.75, PFR: 50.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T A

UTG raises to 2.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, UTG calls 6.5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) A J 7
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) T
UTG bets 9.5 BB, Hero calls 9.5 BB

River: (38.5 BB, 2 players) 5
UTG bets 15 BB, Hero calls 15 BB

HAND 2

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 159 BB
BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 31.69, PFR: 20.42, 3Bet Preflop: 5.66, Hands: 148)
UTG: 41.5 BB (VPIP: 10.53, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 23)
MP: 76.5 BB (VPIP: 41.18, PFR: 5.88, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 17)
CO: 144.5 BB (VPIP: 22.11, PFR: 19.15, 3Bet Preflop: 3.33, Hands: 97)
BTN: 108 BB (VPIP: 12.20, PFR: 9.76, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 42)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10.5 BB, fold, BTN calls 7.5 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 2 players) 8 K 3
Hero bets 13.5 BB, BTN calls 13.5 BB

Turn: (49 BB, 2 players) 6
Hero checks, BTN checks

EDIT: This BTN check was forced do to a time out- he's timed out before, so definitely a bad internet connection

River: (49 BB, 2 players) 8
Hero checks, BTN bets 33 BB, fold

BTN wins 47 BB

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hand I would re-raise on the turn, although I don't have a color blocker, now I have to bet on value. You might get paid hands like AX; Kh-Jh; KhQh; etc.
In the second hand I think that in the river you can try a value bet, inducing middle-hand calls like Ac-6c; J-J; T-T; 9-9.
Regards.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand 1 - I could get out of line here. I like the 3 bet pre vs 50% PFR even if it's only 16 hands. I bet this flop around half pot, pot this turn, and overbet river. These type of players will call a ton with 1 pair hands or even draws. We are the 3 better, not sure why we aren't building a pot on this flop and going for max value after turning 2 pair. He's playing almost every hand, he wont beat Aces up very often at all and also wont fold often enough, let's take it to the bank.

Hand 2 - Scary run out but since we took a passive line I probably call river here. Don't expect this player to have too much 8x in a 3 bet pot. The K will also bet turn for value at least some of the time so we could be allowing a lot of under pairs that didn't have much showdown value to scoop here. 99-JJ, AcXc. I think that's enough hands we beat to balance the times when V shows us Kx and we lose.

ETA: Just processed the timeout on the turn in Hand 2 which perhaps makes it more likely he has Kx but it also controls the pot making the value bet more reasonable to call. A flush draw may also bet the turn after we check. Definitely closer and tougher decision now though, cant fault a fold but I'm a station.

Last edited:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess you're 3-betting in the first hand because of the opponent type. Typically in this spot, there shouldn't any value in raising post flop at any spot. Against this guy, you could possibly min raise the river.

The second hand he's obviously very polarized to 8x or draw. AK/KQ won't be in his range much, and because of his stats (small sample), unlikely he's betting any Kx under that for value. So call / fold is pretty close here considering it appears like you've given up on the hand. I don't think it's huge EV diff between the two, but I'd lean slightly towards call.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess you're 3-betting in the first hand because of the opponent type. Typically in this spot, there shouldn't any value in raising post flop at any spot. Against this guy, you could possibly min raise the river.

The second hand he's obviously very polarized to 8x or draw. AK/KQ won't be in his range much, and because of his stats (small sample), unlikely he's betting any Kx under that for value. So call / fold is pretty close here considering it appears like you've given up on the hand. I don't think it's huge EV diff between the two, but I'd lean slightly towards call.
What are your thoughts on the check back on the flop in Hand 1? What wouldn't we want to cbet here with hearts and gutter balls and a V who is playing wide?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the 1st hand w ATo, I don't think checking behind on that flop is particularly good. It's a dynamic flop with a flush draw and a bunch of straight draws. Giving your opponent a free card could end very badly for you.

As played, I think your flat on the turn and river are fine.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the first hand I think, you missed a lot of value. Stacks should go inside here either by raising the turn or by betting the flop and then just barrel, when you improve. On the flop you dont have a great kicker of course, but a player like this (50% VPIP) can call with so many different hands, that you can certainly widen your value range.

In the second hand I like your line with the additional information, that Villain timed out on the turn and therefore was forced to check.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first hand you played ok. Although villain has a 50% PFR it is only 16 hands so not much one can tell from that. Yes you beat AK, AQ that can call a raise but then again you loose to AJ, AA, KQ, JJ that beat you so not much value to gain in my opinion.

The second hand folding against a NIT here (VPIP 12% only 48 hands) seems ok to me.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands