$2 NLHE 6-max: 0.02/0.04 nice line

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7127876
hello all, so i have this hand that i would like if you would play the same way as i did... i am a mtt player so you might not agree with the sizes.

My thoughts:
i raise pre flop because i dont want to check fold on the BB and my hand is horrible pos flop, i think pre flop is standard but on the turn when turns another deuce i really thought i was crushing his range that i think is all about A4s,A5,87s,98s,T9s, and all the suited connectors up to that.
check river because only 72,42 and 44,i dont put 77 and QQ because i block Q's and would raise pre.

What are your thoughts? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello all, so i have this hand that i would like if you would play the same way as i did... i am a mtt player so you might not agree with the sizes.

My thoughts:
i raise pre flop because i dont want to check fold on the BB and my hand is horrible pos flop, i think pre flop is standard but on the turn when turns another deuce i really thought i was crushing his range that i think is all about A4s,A5,87s,98s,T9s, and all the suited connectors up to that.
check river because only 72,42 and 44,i dont put 77 and QQ because i block Q's and would raise pre.

What are your thoughts? :rolleyes:

My thoughts are that there is no hands here???

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You started the hand with less than 50bb. Don't do that.

Don't check the river. He's not folding anything he gets there with but he can check back all his weaker holdings.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7x might not call river though and you induce missed flush draws, 65, 35 too bluff when you check. This may be over thinking at 2NL though and betting may be best.

I think the mistake in this hand was raising pre OOP with Q2 off suit, hand probably would of turned out the same way though.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nevermind, very short stacked here, anything is probably calling except missed draws obviously

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just fold pre or fold first opportunity if bb no point in being trapped in a bad hand and bad position

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7x might not call river though and you induce missed flush draws, 65, 35 too bluff when you check. This may be over thinking at 2NL though and betting may be best.

I think the mistake in this hand was raising pre OOP with Q2 off suit, hand probably would of turned out the same way though.

I don't think almost any flush draws bluff the river if checked to here though. Villain has almost zero fold equity and even King high has Showdown value on that board.

I'm generally a fan of raising limpers from the blinds but, I agree, Q2o is just too weak.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think almost any flush draws bluff the river if checked to here though. Villain has almost zero fold equity and even King high has Showdown value on that board.

I'm generally a fan of raising limpers from the blinds but, I agree, Q2o is just too weak.

Agree'd, I didn't check starting stack sizes before posting

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as i said, i play mtt's, 50bb's is more than okay for me, that wasnt the question, but thank you

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as i said, i play mtt's, 50bb's is more than okay for me, that wasnt the question, but thank you

Right, and since you play MTT you don't know that 50bb is NOT okay for cash. At least not if you want to play a normal strategy. And if you ever want playing Q2o from the blinds to be profitable (if that's even possible) you're going to want to play with as deep a stack as possible.

weldphaser

weldphaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

obv, you don't get what being short stacked in a cash game means, it basicalyy means your not winning as much money as you could if you were full stacked, that's why cash game players set there table to auto top around 90-95bb