$1000 NLHE 6-max: Villian with 86s has Flush draw. Villian raises 7BB. Which Move should I make?

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$1000 NLHE 6-max: Villian with 86s has Flush draw. Villian raises 7BB. Which Move should I make?

Villian always play connectors and flush draws. Raise 3BB with connectors and draws. And 10BB for any pockets plus kj+.

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, ₹10.00 BB (6 handed) - Converted at http://handhistoryconverter.com

UTG (₹2,913.43)
MP (₹1,949.78)
CO (₹1,156.84)
Button (₹480)
SB (₹1,813.13)
Hero (BB) (₹610.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
1 fold, MP raises to ₹30, 3 folds, Hero raises to ₹95, MP calls ₹65

Flop: (₹195) 3, 5, Q (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets ₹70.28, Hero raises to ₹515.22 (All-In), MP calls ₹444.94

Turn: (₹1,225.44) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (₹1,225.44) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: ₹1,225.44 | Rake: ₹63.11

Results:
Hero had A, Q (two pair, Aces and Queens).
MP had 8, 6 (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: MP won ₹1,162.33

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think on these stakes most of the time we should cbet here using a bet size like 33%. Anyway it's always a cbet in my opinion. What do you want to achieve by check/raising here tptk? you want a value from worse tp, middle pairs, flush draws etc. Unless you know he is aggressive and bet always vs missed cbet then you could consider check/call. Also sometimes he will check back his draws and you will giving free card for him. Some middle pairs will check it also and you won't get a value from them if some higher card than his PP will come on a turn. Check/rasing is just losing a value from many combinations. Draws will pay you off if you will start to bet anyway.

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see. Thanks for the reply. Any cash game strategy book you recommend? I see where I went wrong on this Board.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see. Thanks for the reply. Any cash game strategy book you recommend? I see where I went wrong on this Board.

I do not recommend any poker books. Just watch videos, makes notes, post hands on forum, talk with other players. That will give you more than reading books. If I would like to choose one poker book for cash game online it would be The Grinder's Manual from Peter Clarke. But still I think videos > any book.

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not recommend any poker books. Just watch videos, makes notes, post hands on forum, talk with other players. That will give you more than reading books. If I would like to choose one poker book for cash game online it would be The Grinder's Manual from Peter Clarke. But still I think videos > any book.

I like the idea of posting Hands were I lost. I think it makes me understand better this way.
Another think is EV its difficult to do it on real time with time provided. Anyway to improve the speed of calculating EV?

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the idea of posting Hands were I lost. I think it makes me understand better this way.
Another think is EV its difficult to do it on real time with time provided. Anyway to improve the speed of calculating EV?

if you talk about EV then no one does it mind. (correct me if im wrong). You mean probably equity. well practice practice and practice by using programs like pokerstrategy equilab, flopzilla, pokerstove etc

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of currency are you using? :D

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian always play connectors and flush draws. Raise 3BB with connectors and draws. And 10BB for any pockets plus kj+.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, ₹10.00 BB (6 handed) - Converted at http://handhistoryconverter.com

UTG (₹2,913.43)
MP (₹1,949.78)
CO (₹1,156.84)
Button (₹480)
SB (₹1,813.13)
Hero (BB) (₹610.22)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q
1 fold, MP raises to ₹30, 3 folds, Hero raises to ₹95, MP calls ₹65

Flop: (₹195) 3, 5, Q (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets ₹70.28, Hero raises to ₹515.22 (All-In), MP calls ₹444.94

Turn: (₹1,225.44) 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (₹1,225.44) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: ₹1,225.44 | Rake: ₹63.11

Results:
Hero had A, Q (two pair, Aces and Queens).
MP had 8, 6 (flush, Ace high).
Outcome: MP won ₹1,162.33

Pre-flop action is completely fine, however, I would personally go for a check/call on the flop. If your stats are correct, he hasn't really connected with this board outside of possible flush draws. That being said, you should maybe give him a chance to bluff at it and barrel flop and turn. In that case just call him, then make a check/raise on the turn and you win it. Considering he does have a flush draw, he would probably call your shove on any street.

With all this being said, your shove is kinda unnecessary, you will chase off all the bluffs and lose value, and you will really get called only by sets and flush draws.

Last edited:
TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally im not a big fan of check calling with top pair. Why let him draw to the flush for free? I might just be to aggro lol.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just cbet flop for 35-50% pot. You are the aggressor and this board favors you.

If you chk, should chk/c to keep in bluffs.

Unlucky as played.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, you are playing a 60 BB stack, always play at 100 at least unless you are intentionally playing short-stacked.

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just cbet flop for 35-50% pot. You are the aggressor and this board favors you.

If you chk, should chk/c to keep in bluffs.

Unlucky as played.

Okay. Will keep it in mind

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop action is completely fine, however, I would personally go for a check/call on the flop. If your stats are correct, he hasn't really connected with this board outside of possible flush draws. That being said, you should maybe give him a chance to bluff at it and barrel flop and turn. In that case just call him, then make a check/raise on the turn and you win it. Considering he does have a flush draw, he would probably call your shove on any street.

With all this being said, your shove is kinda unnecessary, you will chase off all the bluffs and lose value, and you will really get called only by sets and flush draws.

Yes it seems like shoving is not a good idea unless I Have absolute nut and villian will call anyways. I was pretty sure he had flush draw and still I played this way:(

Full Flush Poker