$100 PLO 6-max: 19 outs on the Turn, but no made hand

J

jrodders

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys. I'm super new to PLO and excited for any feedback. The game is a private live game with a wide range of skill level, and is typically very loose. This hand was towards the end of the night w/ only 4 players left. I've played with these guys for years in a NLHE tourny league, but just joined the PLO game.

Table Info:Live cash game, 4 handed
SB: $386
BB: $439
CO: $330
BT (hero): $1619: AcTcQsJs

SB is a fairly wild player, will bluff at a pot, but also rarely folds to bets on the flop/turn. In past games has shown down week single suited rundowns from any position.

Preflop (pot: $1.50)
CO limps $1
Hero raises pot to $4.5
SB, BB & CO all call (not surprising, hands in this game rarely go to the flop with less then 4 players in a full ring game, and 3 short handed. 3-bets pre-flop are uncommon.)

Flop (Pot: $18)
Kc6c9s
SB bets $1 (he min bets out of position a lot, but rarely folds to a raise)
BB calls $1
CO calls $1
Hero raises pot to $22
SB & BB call
CO folds

Turn (Pot: $84)
7d
SB & BB check
Hero bets pot $84
SB min raises $168, BB folds
What to do??

I feel like betting the turn was a mistake. His gapped small-medium rundown range likely connected. He probably has a straight, but not necessarily the nut straight. He almost certainly has some kind of made hand. I was pretty sure I had 16-19 outs so maybe 35-40% equity. Should I have just checked for the free card? If I do check it and then hit there's not much chance of getting it all in on the river, but was it a good idea to bet without at least some sort of made hand?

Thanks for the feedback.

R

RakeMyLife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the turn bet is fine as a check would make it clear you’re weak/drawing and give ur opponents a chance to save money even if you hit. Getting reraised sucks but as you pointed out, you couldn’t ask for better odds to draw to, esp in position.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands