$100 NLHE Full Ring: Third barrel good?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unknown, limp called treating him like a weak fish instantly, based on that and his stack size. Didn't expect to get squeezed and hadn't been really active at the table, and the mark was the guy to my right, so thats my justification for opening QTs in EP, you nits!

Plan on the turn was to either check back if i felt i didnt have any fold equity and take a free card, but i felt that i did have some fold equity so my plan was to probably fire the turn and bet most rivers. He had taken a little time thinking before ch/calling flop and turn so i fired the third. Do you like? or am i spew king?

poker stars $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1735649
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG+2): $101.50
MP1: $101.50
MP2: $101.50
CO: $40.00
BTN: $100.00
SB: $39.00
BB: $100.00
UTG: $100.00
UTG+1: $54.60

Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is UTG+2 with Q :club: T :club:
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $1, Hero raises to $4, 6 folds, UTG+1 calls $3

Flop: ($9.50) 6 :diamond: 5 :spade: K :club: (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $4.53, UTG+1 calls $4.53

Turn: ($18.56) J :heart: (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $9, UTG+1 calls $9

River: ($36.56) 8 :club: (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $38, UTG+1 folds

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fold.

I bet more on the flop less than half pot invites all underpairs and perhaps even some gutshots to come along. $6-7 will do me.
I bet more on the turn. Again less than half pot bets will see us dealing with more check raises and maybe even keep the underpairs in. Really doesn't hurt us to bet $12. That way we don't need to overbet to get his stack in should we hit out straight.

The river I give up. As small as your sizing has been I still expect most players to have left their underpairs behind. Jx isn't calling this flop unless villains a huge fish (in which case we still don't want to bluff) so that leaves us with just Kx, monsters and the occasional 78. Kx will show up far more often than 78, let it go.

Lastly don't show results.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Opens a little too loose as well imo. I only say because I am an absolute spewtard for isolating limpers so if I deem it a little bit too loose it probably is too loose :p

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally not acceptable that every villain in the HH section is either unknown or a set of numbers. I really doubt that either of you just sat this orbit so you should have seen him play a few hands. If you can't figure out something about someone's play after a few hands then start learning how to do so. And if you don't have reads then you should reconsider ISOing in EP.

/endrant, not really directed at you but I owed you one. :p

Think pre is too loose. Assign him a range and figure out what he continues past the flop with. "Felt I had some FE" is not really a reason for betting. Turn is a bad card to barrel considering the flop.

The range he gets to the river with....well, explain why shoving is better than betting like $15-$20 or checking.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can't figure out something about someone's play after a few hands then start learning how to do so.
What???
If the guys an unknown and has played like 5 hands or something, your spidey senses need to be pretty sharp to have any read on him at all, unless he's limp called all 5 hands or folded all 5, then you can make a judgement, i'm presuming this didnt apply here so his stack and his limp is reads enough i think.

I think the iso pre is fine, the guys got a stupid stack size and limped, like i said, thats all the reads we need to iso imo

Flop cbets fine, turn barrels also fine imo as a lot of his continuation range on the flop is like pairs 77-TT, straight draws, A6/5 type hands, like lots of shit that has equity vs us but might fold to a J on the turn, and if he doesnt fold then we've picked up some more equity anyways, i prob make it a bit bigger though, like $12, just because my turn barrels are always bigger than half pot........not sure why lol

OTR, i prob check it back but thats because i'm probably shot taking 100 with 3 bi's and have scared money :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not close to a nit but really don't like it preflop. Just too many left to act to iso that wide from EP. Also hate bluffing big against guys with his stack size. Ime they are exactly the idiots who throw up their hands and call off the stacks with any pair.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What???
If the guys an unknown and has played like 5 hands or something, your spidey senses need to be pretty sharp to have any read on him at all, unless he's limp called all 5 hands or folded all 5, then you can make a judgement, i'm presuming this didnt apply here so his stack and his limp is reads enough i think.

"Villain played 2 hands in 5. L-C AQo, check-called raggy flop and turn and checked rivered top pair. Min check-raised turn when flush completes. "

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally not acceptable that every villain in the HH section is either unknown or a set of numbers. I really doubt that either of you just sat this orbit so you should have seen him play a few hands. If you can't figure out something about someone's play after a few hands then start learning how to do so. And if you don't have reads then you should reconsider ISOing in EP.

whats with all this abuse, i know you owe me one but, seriously, this was villains first hand and i'd never seen him before. So we have a standard set of assumptions. They are, villain is a weak fish who is going to call with lots of speculative crappy hands, Because 90% of the time this it exactly what he'll be.

I give up lol :( Seems like youre all sticking to a hand chart or something cmon. Seriously telling me its bad isolating this fish with a good isolating hand just because its not in your UTG range, when i've stated that i've not been active, and am very unlikely to get called by someone behind me. These spots happen all the time, its making the most of table dynamics instead of thinking of the table as a fixed number of seats where you can only open X from Y because Z will **** you up if you do otherwise! /end rant

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats with all this abuse, i know you owe me one but, seriously, this was villains first hand and i'd never seen him before. So we have a standard set of assumptions. They are, villain is a weak fish who is going to call with lots of speculative crappy hands, Because 90% of the time this it exactly what he'll be.

I give up lol :( Seems like youre all sticking to a hand chart or something cmon. Seriously telling me its bad isolating this fish with a good isolating hand just because its not in your UTG range, when i've stated that i've not been active, and am very unlikely to get called by someone behind me. These spots happen all the time, its making the most of table dynamics instead of thinking of the table as a fixed number of seats where you can only open X from Y because Z will **** you up if you do otherwise! /end rant
Have you ever looked at your db for spots where you're isoing from EP with the bottom of your iso range? I mean I love isoing bad players but I just doubt the profitability of it in this spot.

Also can't be villains very 1st hand since he didn't post a blind. Oh yeah and I don't know what the current thing is with you and baudib1 but I would suggest it ends soon before it goes too far.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Villain played 2 hands in 5. L-C AQo, check-called raggy flop and turn and checked rivered top pair. Min check-raised turn when flush completes. "

Thats all well and good but this wouldn't be the description of an unknown would it?? You'd say hey, heres a HH, villain is weak tight...........

I think the iso is fine

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont worry WV, me and baudib are friends, atleast i think we are :)

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah he has an odd size stack for just buying in.

ISO this hand from CO or later.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never actually checked the profitablility of isolating with the bottom of my range for isolating UTG+1, guess its over very few samples as i play pretty tight from UTG unless ive a bunch of nits behind me. QTs is probably not even in my UTG range 99% of the time before everyone thinks im a loose fish :D (might be true) I do think i generally find good +EV spots that other regs in my field don't, it's hard explaining my reasoning for isolating UTG without you all seeing a screenshot of the table with the hud, knowing the players behind me. But basically, its like if the only aggro 3bettors are directly to your left in this spot and the rest of the table are complete nits you can open stuff like this against fish; the aggro 3bettors aren't in a position where they will make moves and they will respect your raise ( :D ) from UTG+1 so after that all you have to worry about is a bunch of complete 24 tabling nits which are also not gonna mess with my UTG isolate light ever.

What is your UTG% WV? vpip/pfr?

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah he has an odd size stack for just buying in.

ISO this hand from CO or later.

cmon baud hehehe, even deco would iso this from the HJ :D Theres no way we can say only iso this from CO or later, sometimes i wouldnt even iso it from the CO others from UTG+1, stop levelling me!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never actually checked the profitablility of isolating with the bottom of my range for isolating UTG+1, guess its over very few samples as i play pretty tight from UTG unless ive a bunch of nits behind me. QTs is probably not even in my UTG range 99% of the time before everyone thinks im a loose fish :D (might be true) I do think i generally find good +EV spots that other regs in my field don't, it's hard explaining my reasoning for isolating UTG without you all seeing a screenshot of the table with the hud, knowing the players behind me. But basically, its like if the only aggro 3bettors are directly to your left in this spot and the rest of the table are complete nits you can open stuff like this against fish; the aggro 3bettors aren't in a position where they will make moves and they will respect your raise ( :D ) from UTG+1 so after that all you have to worry about is a bunch of complete 24 tabling nits which are also not gonna mess with my UTG isolate light ever.

What is your UTG% WV? vpip/pfr?
UTG something like 9/9 22+/AQ+/AJs/KQs

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to adjust for FR nittiness.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dunno... maybe I'm just too damn tight, but I would normally fold QT oop. Dem gaped Broadway cards don't bring me much joy unless I'm in position.

Nice one though.

-

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno... maybe I'm just too damn tight, but I would normally fold QT oop. Dem gaped Broadway cards don't bring me much joy unless I'm in position.

Nice one though.

-

sighh :) again i knew i'd be IP with this hand the very majority of the time.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sighh :) again i knew i'd be IP with this hand the very majority of the time.
You're just lucky I wasn't sitting to your left. I love 3betting iso raises. It's basically the new iso imo.

In before it becomes correct to limp/reraise AA/KK because there is so much iso isolation going on. And this is FR just think how crazy 6-max must be!

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, i play 10/10 -ish from UTG WV, so really you cant call me a loose spewtard :D

But yeah, would you really ever 3bet me light from iso'ing UTG? if you were in MP1? Im guessing no regs at 25-100nl are, and if they are its such a tiny percentage that doing anything but folding would be wrong.

What you are more likely to do is cold call with your pocket pairs and fold when i go crazy barrelling on your ass :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, i play 10/10 -ish from UTG WV, so really you cant call me a loose spewtard :D

But yeah, would you really ever 3bet me light from iso'ing UTG? if you were in MP1? Im guessing no regs at 25-100nl are, and if they are its such a tiny percentage that doing anything but folding would be wrong.

What you are more likely to do is cold call with your pocket pairs and fold when i go crazy barrelling on your ass :)
I might call with my small pairs but I'll 4bet you with my Ax/Kxs hands. Also what I said was that I'm not a nit but I still think isoing QTs from UTG+1 is too wide.