$100 NLHE 6-max: NL100 - fold pre or call & AP, what should our sizing be?

pocketehs

pocketehs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost think fold pre or flat.

As played, im curious about river sizing. Should I just jam?

PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 176.08 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, hands: 4)
SB: 60.5 BB (VPIP: 71.43, PFR: 71.43, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 7)
BB: 108.53 BB
UTG: 84.76 BB
Hero (MP): 101 BB
CO: 89.08 BB (VPIP: 17.50, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 40)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: 5:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club: 5:heart: T:spade:
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
UTG bets 6.3 BB, Hero calls 6.3 BB

River: (32.1 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
UTG bets 9.37 BB, Hero raises to 33 BB,

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop should be a fold, but if you play this well post flop you can probably get away with it.

NH.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Fold is fine, flat probably not so good. I think it's fine the way it was played as long as it is done just once in a while. Not sure about river sizing. A shove would only get called by better. Maybe 2/3 would be more reasonable given the range of hands that may have been hanging on to the river. You'll probably be looking at Ax or Tx, or be dominated.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If UTG is folding enough against 3 bets Axs is an ideal hand to 3 bet due to the A blocker.

I would prefer to cBet the flop as the flop is better for your range then for UTG range (your range includes AA and KK a 100% and UTG 4 bets these hands a % of the time). You also flopped a small pair and a back door flush so if the UTG villain calls you will improve a decent % of teh time and can keep betting on the turn.

On the river an all-in bet (as UTG was 84 BB deep) is reasonable as it is just a little bigger then a pot sized bet.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First thing that came to mind before even looking at the HH, what are you doing playing 100NL :)

I think pre is fine, with him not being fully stacked it maybe safe to assume hes a weaker player so flatting may also be ok? (You can also just fold) so all 3 options have some merit here. But most likely to play vs a weaker player (and I like 3b'ing when we do that)

I think you can also make an argument for cbetting (think this is the better option) to protect your equity and stop yourself getting doubled into on bad runouts, we can turn alot of stuff to keep bluffing with like clubs and if we hit a 5/A we are happy.

I think river sizing is fine without reads. If hes a rofler you could probably ship if hes gonna call of Tx / better

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like flatting preflop. I think given the position of the initial raiser, 3 betting is bad.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like flatting preflop. I think given the position of the initial raiser, 3 betting is bad.

That logic is flawed, if the villains range is perceived to be strong then we dont want to call with small Ax as they are dominated by that range but by 3bing as a bluff we can fold out better hands and if called we can still have equity

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop for me i would call and try to hit the flush or the wheel, if i dont hit i would fold, so for me it's a fold on the turn, getting to the river i would call, i dont see hands that i can get value from there

R

RunItOnce_James

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like flatting this hand in these positions preflop. You'll get squeezed sometimes, many times you'll see a flop multiway with bad relative position etc.

I would also size up that 3 bet preflop from these positions. You're going to pretty polarized when 3 betting vs UTG so you want to get more money in preflop with your AA/KK combos.

As played, preflop mostly looks fine though I would consider cbetting the flop and potentially raising bigger on the river given that 6x is basically never in villain's range here.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That logic is flawed, if the villains range is perceived to be strong then we dont want to call with small Ax as they are dominated by that range but by 3bing as a bluff we can fold out better hands and if called we can still have equity

You're not calling with a small suited ace to hit an ace on the flop and go nuts. You're calling with it to hit combo draws (straight and flush) and well disguised 2 pairs.

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're not calling with a small suited ace to hit an ace on the flop and go nuts. You're calling with it to hit combo draws (straight and flush) and well disguised 2 pairs.

so you can call any two to hit set or two pairs or square or full house or straight flush and kill his AA . its allways nice strategy i think :rolleyes:

omnom8

omnom8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost think fold pre or flat.

As played, im curious about river sizing. Should I just jam?

PokerStars - $1 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 176.08 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 4)
SB: 60.5 BB (VPIP: 71.43, PFR: 71.43, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 7)
BB: 108.53 BB
UTG: 84.76 BB
Hero (MP): 101 BB
CO: 89.08 BB (VPIP: 17.50, PFR: 10.00, 3Bet Preflop: 6.67, Hands: 40)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A 5

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 6 5 T
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 6
UTG bets 6.3 BB, Hero calls 6.3 BB

River: (32.1 BB, 2 players) 5
UTG bets 9.37 BB, Hero raises to 33 BB,

what can fold to your jam better than ours 5 ? only 5 sometimes?!

but i like jam more than bet because its looks more like bluff not than value.
with bluff i will bet as u and mb jam for value.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so you can call any two to hit set or two pairs or square or full house or straight flush and kill his AA . its allways nice strategy i think :rolleyes:

That isn't really what I was saying. Nut flush draw is very important here, as is Aces up, when your opponent may have a pair of aces with a big kicker.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes but the problem is more often we are going to hit a 1 pair hand and having to pay off multiple streets with it and that outweighs the times when we do hit our flushes and 2ps as our range is going to usually consist of those kind of hands on flush boards vs a UTG range.

You lose a lot from seeing flops then folding or seeing an A high flop and playing a guessing game. Just because once in a while we win a big pot it doesn't mean this is a winning play overall

Folding in Poker