CO: 80.5 BB
BTN: 131.2 BB
SB: 116.4 BB
Hero (BB): 247.6 BB
UTG: 100.9 BB
MP: 167 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ac Qc
fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, MP raises to 18 BB, fold, Hero calls 12 BB

Flop : (37 BB, 2 players) 9c 4h As
Hero checks, MP bets 18.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

Turn : (74 BB, 2 players) Tc
Hero checks, MP checks

River : (74 BB, 2 players) 2c
Hero bets 54.3 BB, fold

V plays 43/8/6 over 52 hands AF-5

This pre to turn is standard. V's range looks like AA-QQ, AK maybe some random bluff+smaller pp ocassionally imo
not sure about the river play
can x & induce I even thought about overbetting to get max from Ax but went with a regular line

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limp-reraise is always a bit weird, but I agree with your own range assessment. Villian is clearly a recreational player, and he might be doing the good old "trap" or going crazy with his 77 or his A8o, because he is tired, that his limps always get raised. So yes preflop, flop and turn are indeed very standard.

On the river we of course need to try and get some value from the nuts, and to be honest even without improving to a flush I would still bet for value with top pair second kicker. However we are targeting hands like JJ-KK or maybe his random spass with A8. So in a sense the river card was probably bad for us, since we already had the best hand, and its scary to him. I think, I bet on the smaller side here. Anything from 30-45% pot. Give him a price he cant resist.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also agree with your assessment of villains range but I take out bluffs and even AK. I think this is strictly a AA-QQ play and not even sure if they do this with QQ as it is vulnerable post flop especially if it stayed limped with 2 or more opponents. That is also why I would discount heavily JJ or 1010. Plus we have a Q blocker and an Ace blocker so I am already heavily leaning on KK for villain

On the flop with the A hitting it, of course drastically reduces the chances that villain has AA since that would be the case 2 left in the deck. I am more sure of KK now and villain also makes it a size that is not value heavy but more of an information bet. I like the call on the flop as you did because I am feeling good that we have them.

When villain checks the turn I am now hell bent on they have KK or at least something that I am beating at the moment. I like the check here as if we are confident in our read then villain will fold to a lead and we can let him possibly bluff barrel the turn.

The river is an interesting spot because the flush came in which we have but it is also really an action killer for what I am putting villain on. I think you have to go smaller than what you did but if you check then it will be checked behind very often as KK would have some showdown value there. You cant bet too small either as then it looks like you are taking him to value town so I would go for just under half pot here. Something like 35BB into the 74 BB pot. It is under half pot which is usually an inflection point for some in thinking there is weakness but it is not small like a 1/3rd which just looks like you are begging them to call.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also agree with your assessment of villains range but I take out bluffs and even AK. I think this is strictly a AA-QQ play and not even sure if they do this with QQ as it is vulnerable post flop especially if it stayed limped with 2 or more opponents.

From an average recreational opponent I will say, that a limp-reraise is 80% spass and 20% nut hands. There is no reason to give this any more respect, than you would a normal 3-bet.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The turn is good for our donk range, since it now increases the range of calls from V after bluffing in this texture with our flush draw, 7-7; Q-J; Q-9; J-7. Then we can be more easily called with middle and high pockets. While we lock AA we balance the mid-range V sets (9-9 and TT) with 8-8 and K-K in his bluff catcher range of V. So we are in good shape leading here. On the river we will hardly get open calls, since the board contains a superior structure and eliminates marginal combinations that were overcome. The Axs are unlikely to pay us on the river, because they had to bet again on the turn for protection and to extract more value. After the x / x line the villain was unable to neutralize the H-rank bluffs, which should now bet in a high frequency.
Greetings.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
UPoker - $1 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 80.5 BB
BTN: 131.2 BB
SB: 116.4 BB
Hero (BB): 247.6 BB
UTG: 100.9 BB
MP: 167 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ac Qc
fold, MP calls 1 BB, fold, fold, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, MP raises to 18 BB, fold, Hero calls 12 BB

Flop : (37 BB, 2 players) 9c 4h As
Hero checks, MP bets 18.5 BB, Hero calls 18.5 BB

Turn : (74 BB, 2 players) Tc
Hero checks, MP checks

River : (74 BB, 2 players) 2c
Hero bets 54.3 BB, fold

V plays 43/8/6 over 52 hands AF-5

This pre to turn is standard. V's range looks like AA-QQ, AK maybe some random bluff+smaller pp ocassionally imo
not sure about the river play
can x & induce I even thought about overbetting to get max from Ax but went with a regular line

Yes, it is standard to be raising limpers with strong hands, even out of position.

What it is not standar, is Limper to be re-raising us, we must be careful in situations like this.

We cannot induce idiots to think or take idiots, period. Or else, do you believe a very competent player would be limping preflop and re-raising? What?!?!?
Do you really expect to induce a player with stats of 43/8/6? Good luck for you! :D

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My deep thoughts - NH.