Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ad Jd
fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, MP calls 9 BB

Flop : (25 BB, 2 players) 9c Jh 5c
Hero bets 10 BB, MP calls 10 BB

Turn : (45 BB, 2 players) Th
Hero checks, MP bets 27.5 BB, Hero calls 27.5 BB

River : (100 BB, 2 players) Qh
Hero checks, MP bets 65.25 BB and is all-in, fold

130NL, Games are loose sticky. V is unknown. looks like a fish tho. I run into some trouble on such turns on 3b pots. Not sure what's the right line to take
3 things came to my mind which I didn't do.
1. cbet flop a bit larger
2. xjam turn
3.lead jam river

The most reasonable value hand he could be having is KQ. But we get beat by any 2p etc so no point in bluff catching

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I expose the planes you made.
1. cbet a little bigger. I think your size is correct, given the texture of the board, we do not want to compromise an amount that may bother us later, if we face 3-bets for example. Since we don't have a direct block, the call is a 100% defense with no chance of opening better lines, in a risky plate for our bluffs catchers.
2-xjam turn. Very interesting for aggressive villains. Now we don't block a good amount of V lanterns, so this solid line has good implied odds against a low structure, which thinks optimistic for the river.
3.lead jam river. I do not like this idea, because we are out of position, also the bet V on the turn eliminates the entire low structure and we lock ourselves with higher values. We are probably unbalanced, and our lanterns were left without enough fold equity, maybe we improved on an AX line, but now V compensates for that overcard with a hand of spades. Anyway I have doubts if V is able to discard for example doubles, since he will not want to block the color, but seems to have decided an aggressive end.
According to what has been played I think it is a correct fold.
Regards.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a very dynamic flop for a 3 bet pot, with 2 cards connecting to a lot of broadway type hands and the flush draw. I would bet about 2/3 pot on the flop. Then that is a terrible turn card for you, and I think bet/fold to a raise, or check call is OK. Then the river just gets miserable and I think your fold is good.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MP: 114.75 BB
CO: 207 BB
BTN: 121 BB
Hero (SB): 134.5 BB
BB: 95.5 BB
UTG: 165.75 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ad Jd
fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 12 BB, fold, MP calls 9 BB

Flop : (25 BB, 2 players) 9c Jh 5c
Hero bets 10 BB, MP calls 10 BB

Turn : (45 BB, 2 players) Th
Hero checks, MP bets 27.5 BB, Hero calls 27.5 BB

River : (100 BB, 2 players) Qh
Hero checks, MP bets 65.25 BB and is all-in, fold

130NL, Games are loose sticky. V is unknown. looks like a fish tho. I run into some trouble on such turns on 3b pots. Not sure what's the right line to take
3 things came to my mind which I didn't do.
1. cbet flop a bit larger
2. xjam turn
3.lead jam river

The most reasonable value hand he could be having is KQ. But we get beat by any 2p etc so no point in bluff catching
Bet flop is good, gotta bet turn, probably check river.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like 1 or 3 much at all. You could cbet up to a half pot if you want, but I'd size around where you did. I think it's perfect frankly. Leading river is all sorts of bad. Way too much risk. Option 2 I like quite a bit. Puts max pressure on any pair/draw hands like QT. It's a bold play but I think it works a lot. It's how you'd play all your sets I think. It's annoying when 2 pair hands call you but I think you get a lot of folds this way and avoid getting bet off on dreadful river cards such as the one that hit.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the flop sizing OOP in a 3 bet pot. V will call wider. I don't mind sizing up either but 10 BB is fine IMO. Turn card isn't great but it's not horrible either. JT and KQ have caught up. I would pot the turn or 3/4 pot then probably x / fold this horrible river. x/c turn makes our hand look like AK / AQ a lot. I would stab at it if I was V with a wide range and then after you check again jamming seems like a great play.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely would have put 60% CB out on this flop. Tons of hands to call you.
On the turn is a shorty spot because KQ got there and also JT made two pair.

Do you expect him to only bet once and give up? If you know that he will shove the river we can make a decision on the turn. Will have enough semibluffs that he will fold when we C/AI?

Not so sure. I definitely fold river.
Any other reason to XF turn?
Probably too weak overall right?