$100 NLHE 6-max: KK - Was this played correctly?

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$100NL

This was a good hand. What's interesting is the guy that limped UTG and called.

So, I raise from MP with pocket kings after a limp from UTG. The cutoff calls, and then the UTG limper calls as well.

The flop comes A79 w/ two hearts and UTG checks and I check back, because there's an Ace in the cutoffs range at this point, and possibly even UTG's. And I was not prepared to lose a huge pot with kings when there's an Ace high on the board.

Then the CO checks, and the turn comes the 3h, completing the flush draw. UTG checks again, and now I lead out because I'm confident I have the best hand and am trying to get value. The CO calls and UTG folds.

The river comes a brick 4 of clubs, and I decide to check because if I bet here, I think he folds a lot of the time. And also, I did not want to bet and then get blown off of my hand with a big raise, even though I thought it was impossible for him to have an Ace in this spot. I also thought it was very unlikely for him to have a flush, because if he had the draw he would have either bet the flop and when he didn't raise the turn I'm very sure he never has a flush now.

Anyway, was this hand played correctly and was I supposed to fold on the river?

Last edited:
N

nkat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, nh.. they'll turn up with flush some of the time.. Ax rarely, although i disagree that you definitely have best hand once turn gets chkd through.. def still Ax in both their ranges. I like the bet though. Flop can go either way.

River is a little thin for betting for value.. so yeah nice c/c i dont think you can c/f

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nh, but why not raise on the river?

C

CupOfSalt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nh, but why not raise on the river?

I think, and I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think that if I raise the river the only hand calling is one that has me beat. I don't think I can extract any more value.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, and I'm not 100% sure of this, but I think that if I raise the river the only hand calling is one that has me beat. I don't think I can extract any more value.
^ This.