$10 PLO 6-max: nutSTR oop flopvs3bet

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please comment on my play preflop and postflop.

No stats on villain, only that he was playing with 64BB earlier. (I mark non full stackers as fish)

Could have 3bet pref-flop. I'm not sure if going broke post-flop is the right play here, since I do have the nuts but no flush draw or blockers.

pokerstars Zoom, Omaha Pot Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players

UTG: $8.62 (86 bb)
MP: $7.24 (72 bb)
CO: $10.48 (105 bb)
BU: $12.90 (129 bb)
SB: $26.49 (265 bb)
BB (Hero): $59.39 (594 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with T A J K
UTG raises to $0.20, 1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 2 players fold, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.65) 9 K Q (3 players)
Hero bets $0.62, UTG calls $0.62, CO raises to $1.74, Hero raises to $6.46, UTG folds, CO raises to $10.28 (all-in), Hero calls $3.82

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will preface this response by saying that I'm not a PLO expert, but I am competent.

This is the kind of spot where I believe we should be betting, and calling raises, but not pushing the action all in (particularly when we can't 3bet all in). It's a situation where just because we "block the nuts," it doesn't make it particularly unlikely that our opponent ALSO has the nuts, and I find it very unlikely that he stacks off with a lot of hands "worse" than JTxx. Any of the "worse" hands are likely to be extremely strong combo/two way draws like a set and flush that is not in bad shape against us.

So while I'm never folding, I don't think I would have put in the third bet. It's very likely he has JTxx with some spades when we don't even have blockers to spades, or again something else that still performs super well against our exact hand.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very likely going to be what we call the "nut straight freeroll" Chances are he has maybe TxJsAsX with the nut straight and the NFD to go with it. He could also have maybe KsKxAsX.

I agree with scourrge here, betting is fine but the raise is unnecessary.

Also, preflop i would just refer to your hand ranges. (If you don't have those, making them will drastically improve your game.) Certainly at least a call.

Omahahahaha

Omahahahaha

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just call CO's raise, concerned about being freerolled by the straight + fd. If he wants to stack off at this SPR, chances are he has a monster.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our two outs to a bigger straight, and villain’s fishiness make this ok. But most everyone is right, this isn’t a slam dunk.

UTG’s profile matters a lot too. This is most likely a chop with the CO, which is a profitable scenario with 3 players in the pot. If he’s sticky, keeping him in the pot is good.

I suck at PLO, but I generally 3-bet if I think: UTG doesn’t have aces or a huge desire to get it in preflop, and my opponents are passive and easy to control.

ProPokerTools Omaha Hi Simulation
6,056,520 trials (Exhaustive)
board: 9 K Q
TdAcKhJh 49.77% (836,210 wins, 4,355,812 ties)
JT** 50.23% (864,498 wins, 4,355,812 ties)

P

Pokerblitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will preface this response by saying that I'm not a PLO expert, but I am competent.

Even though you're not an expert, your remarks are very much appreciated and helpful (also on my other posted hand). In general it's more easy to spot mistakes in other people's play than it is to spot your own :)

And yes, looking at this hand again and reading all the replies, I think going broke post flop is only profitable when I have also a flush draw, chance for villain to also have JT is high and than I'm just paying rake, chance he is calling with worse is small and chance he is calling with better is even bigger (flush draw)

Also, I would have rather 3bet the hand pre-flop, this type of hand either hits the flop hard or misses it completely.

As played, check-calling post-flop and folding when a flush completes seems to be the best play.

Thanks for the remarks guys!