Chips
5 hands sitted

hero SB (150bb): :qc4::qs4::kh4::10c4:
BB(100bb)
MP
CO

villian BTN (80bb).

Preflop:
folded to the button which min raises 2bb((he played loose-passive so far but opened frequently OTB)).

i decide to 3 bet full pot to 7bb, BB folds, btn calls.

Flop :3c4::4d4::9c4: (15bb):
hero cbet 7.5 bb, villian calls.

Turn :8c4: (30bb):
hero bet 8bb, villian thinks for a while and calls.

River :9h4: (46bb):
hero checks, villian bets 31.5bb, hero folds.

i know i misplayed this hand, perhaps in more than one way.
a friend watched and interrupted from the side so i got confused, but even when i review it now i don't feel very clear about it. also not very confident in playing these spots.

otf i think the cbet is ok, when he called i put him on draw, because he called pretty fast.
on the turn i wasn't confident that i had the best hand, but i think my bet was too small (half pot bet would give me more information.
after his river bet i'd put him either on flush (smaller OR bigger), or maybe a 9.

your thoughts about this hand, and non-nut flushes HU?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mathematically, it is a call due to the SPR. If you think this villain plays very tight from this position you could evaluate a fold. Your Q protects you 77% of lower colors and you only lose if you think you are behind a full house.
Regards.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm bad at PLO so probably ignore this post but I would have potted turn and x/c river. It's not that easy for V to have a better flush and the boats are all small. For a 3 bet pot I'd only expect V to have the three combos of 88 and 6 combos of 89. 99 should have raised flop for value and protection. Wouldn't hands like 33xx and 44xx fold to the 3 bet pre for full pot? He would have to show me a better hand here.

O

omribuch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mathematically, it is a call due to the SPR. If you think this villain plays very tight from this position you could evaluate a fold. Your Q protects you 77% of lower colors and you only lose if you think you are behind a full house.
Regards.

Do you mean preflop call or on the river?
Can't he have higher flush in this spot in your opinion?

I'm bad at PLO so probably ignore this post but I would have potted turn and x/c river. It's not that easy for V to have a better flush and the boats are all small. For a 3 bet pot I'd only expect V to have the three combos of 88 and 6 combos of 89. 99 should have raised flop for value and protection. Wouldn't hands like 33xx and 44xx fold to the 3 bet pre for full pot? He would have to show me a better hand here.

I agree about his boat options, so i guess he would bet the river either with a flush (worse or better than mine), or a boat, or maybe a 9, but i dont think of a hand that will call flop and bluff river here.

Anyway thank you :)

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With an effective stack of 80bb, on the river you need 36% equity to win the hand. Being a paired board, I think you should protect your calling range on the river. Sometimes you will be left behind with a better color or a full house, but I think this is a long-term profitable call, when you form a solid line with the Q.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly your bet sizing on the turn is wacky. The villain probably tanked because he was either considering bluffing the board texture here, had a smaller flush or two pair type hand and legit didn't know what to do for a minute, or thought you were bluffable on the river given your bet size (these would be things I would be thinking if I were in the villains shoes). Once that river pairs and you decide to check, you're opponent jumps on the opportunity and your fold seems ok given the way this hand played out.

In summary, the fold is ok (in the vacuum of the river decision) but I would have sized the turn bet larger (for the simple reason of continuing the display of strength to get my opponent to play this hand out more straight forward). The thing to remember here is that you didn't really have that great of a hand post flop. 3rd nut flush with no redraw and being able to be bluffed off any paired board, not ideal in PLO.

Full Flush Poker