$10 PLO 6-max: Any value in betting this river with bottom set?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I check back this river or is there value in betting? T completes a straight for 87 or QJ, the former being more likely to check call the river, but on other hand it probably gives two pairs to a number of peeling hands. If I bet this river, how should I size it?

PokerStars - $0.10 Ante $0.02 PL Hi (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 4 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.62, PFR: 16.22, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 37)
CO: 135.3 BB (VPIP: 34.15, PFR: 19.51, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 41)
Hero (BTN): 126.3 BB
SB: 78.3 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 60.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 10)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB, 4 players post ante of 0.2 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.3 BB) Hero has 4:spade: 3:heart: 4:diamond: A:spade:

CO raises to 4.3 BB, Hero calls 4.3 BB, SB calls 3.8 BB, fold

Flop: (14.7 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond: K:heart: 6:diamond:
SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: (14.7 BB, 3 players) 4:heart:
SB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 14.1 BB, fold, CO calls 14.1 BB

River: (42.9 BB, 2 players) T:club:
CO checks, Hero ???

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure what combos of 2 pairs actually get there. Reason i say that, i dont know what Kxxx hand or 2 pair on the flop doesnt bet by CO.

He should be betting all 2 pair on flop, Kxxx as well a lot as well and obv flush draws.

On the turn i dont know if you are giving him 9TAhh which is the only combo that hits 2 pair (OTR) that can call turn without a hand that already bets.

Im a bit tired so i might not be making much sense here but I just dont see what he can have here that can call us that we beat.

Maybe he finds a random call with 9TAhh but i find it hard to believe. Straights play it the same way as he has so far, mainly straights with a Heart combo, less so diamonds since diamonds bet before.

Seeing as he cant call us with anyhting we beat and he can have some combos of hands that beat us, and he can turn into some bluffs if hes adventurous, i just dont see a point to betting this.

Ramblings of a tired man.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what combos of 2 pairs actually get there. Reason i say that, i dont know what Kxxx hand or 2 pair on the flop doesnt bet by CO.

JT9x, T98x, QT9x with one of the flush draws ? Villain plays quite loose and we play 4-handed. That opens up his ranges quite a bit, doesn't it?

Last edited:
M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Those all bet the flop if it's diamonds, and yea you can put that into his range but some of them fold turn and not all Call River.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars