$10 NLHE Full Ring: What mistake I have?

M

Mcclares

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 45/5/1

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 102.8 BB
MP: 140 BB
MP+1: 89.8 BB
CO: 99.7 BB
BTN: 183.8 BB
Hero (SB): 109.6 BB
BB: 106.3 BB
UTG: 101.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A K

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, CO calls 5 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 3 players) 7 A T
Hero bets 12.6 BB, CO calls 12.6 BB, BTN calls 12.6 BB

Turn: (59.8 BB, 3 players) 3
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: (59.8 BB, 3 players) J
Hero bets 28.6 BB, CO calls 28.6 BB, BTN calls 28.6 BB

Hero shows A K (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 55%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
BTN shows J A (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks)
(Pre 21%, Flop 15%, Turn 7%)
CO mucks A Q (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 24%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
BTN wins 139 BB

27/9/2 VPIP PFR AG - CO - stats
45/5/1 - BT STATS
Thank everyone!

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet sizing on flop should be higher, at 2nl people are calling with all sorts of junk and every Ax combo possible. I don't like the turn check at the micro stakes (if your intention is slow playing); you should be firing again for value.

Originally thought this was 2nl, but I stand by my comment lol

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop you should 3 bet bigger to about 12 BBs (2 players already in the pot and you're out of position to both of them).

Post flop, your play is OK and you got an unlucky river. A bigger 3 bet *may* have got rid of AJ preflop. Impossible to know, but getting AK heads up preflop is a good idea.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 45/5/1

PokerStars - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 102.8 BB
MP: 140 BB
MP+1: 89.8 BB
CO: 99.7 BB
BTN: 183.8 BB
Hero (SB): 109.6 BB
BB: 106.3 BB
UTG: 101.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A K

fold, fold, fold, fold, CO raises to 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, CO calls 5 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 3 players) 7 A T
Hero bets 12.6 BB, CO calls 12.6 BB, BTN calls 12.6 BB

Turn: (59.8 BB, 3 players) 3
Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

River: (59.8 BB, 3 players) J
Hero bets 28.6 BB, CO calls 28.6 BB, BTN calls 28.6 BB

Hero shows A K (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 55%, Flop 73%, Turn 86%)
BTN shows J A (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks)
(Pre 21%, Flop 15%, Turn 7%)
CO mucks A Q (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 24%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
BTN wins 139 BB

27/9/2 VPIP PFR AG - CO - stats
45/5/1 - BT STATS
Thank everyone!

The sizing of your Squeeze is very much cheap. You give excellent odds for both players to continue postflop and when we are out of position in relation to two other players, it doesn't matter very much if we are holding T9s or AA.
Seconds, stats should never be considered a based truth, but a biased truth instead. We never play so many hands with a recreational that allow us to make conclusions about its non-sense preflop and postflop gameplay.

The flop is also not very good for our range, since the calling range will contain more dominated aces such as Ax, AT, A7: if recreational hits an ace, probably never folds.
Considering also that you are blocking 50% of combo combinations of Ax, which means, we assume that at least 50% of times Villains are not going to display Ax on their ranges, even so we must consider another possibilities, such as straight draws, T7, etc.
This flop is very dry, so I would assume no risk of turning such a powerful hand into a bluff: we never bet 1/2 pot oop when we already squeezed preflop, 3-handed, with anything that it is not 77, AA, TT, AT, A7 and AK.
I believe AQ and AJ would not be playing like this, c-betting 1/2 pot into a bloated one. KK, QQ, JJ, 99 would not take their chances.
So, easy to realize this is a very unbalanced move and will compromisse our profits and mindset in the long run (we are going to tilt more playing like this).
Because, if either CO or BTN elect to raise us right OTF or even jam on our faces, what are we going to do after we had invested so much? We are forced to call, and when we do call we know we are not good, but folding seems foolish: this is why I tell some styles of playing poker leads more to tilt than other styles.
Your check OTT is strange, because it didn't change the picture of the hand at all.
But it is complicated for you to bet, since you are still out of position in relation to two other opponents, the pot is very big and if you make any bet right now you are going all-in on 100% of rivers.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa