$10 NLHE Full Ring: Loose player who was calling and betting almost everything

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop for 4x where I and the table usually only raised 3x. Knew this probably was indicating premium cards. Everybody else almost snap folded.

Is the Turn and River Check Good or did I get lucky?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO ($3.83)
Button ($22.51)
SB ($10.78)
BB ($9.30)
UTG ($13.92)
UTG+1 ($10.27)
MP1 ($11.38)
Hero ($13.09)
MP3 ($10)

Dealt to Hero :ah4: :kh4:
Preflop:
3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 2
spade.gif
, 6
heart.gif
, 3
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.95) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($2.85) A
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $2.48 (All-In), Hero calls $2.48

Total pot: $7.81 | Rake: $0.39

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet the flop, turn, shove all in of the river. Not close.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it was a very tricky check on all streets. especially the river, I think would've also tried shoving to steal the pot and it worked on your side! the constant checks with turn check and then river check kinda shows that you have a low pair...I think you did a good job disguising it. All you did was change gears and it came out profitable for you. Good job

J

J_Slice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you're trying to be too tricky vs a fish with less than 40bbs. What happens if villain checks back the turn? You're left with the nut flush on the river in a 9.5bb pot. Going to be awfully hard to stack him with one street of action.

Normally, I would cbet the flop here and hope to get stacks in there or on the turn. I can see trying to check/raise if the villain has been super aggro, but I think it's being too cute vs a shortstacked fish.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There nothing wrong with slowing playing IF you KNOW he is always going to bet if you check. If you arent sure then just fireaway flop and turn.
On the river as played bet sonething which leaves him room to still bluff with what he thinks is some fold equity. You need to get something out of the hand in case he checks behind.

skrsh76

skrsh76

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks all for the feedback. I was reasonably confident that he will bet when he sees weakness. I did want to check the river only after I saw an A as I thought he would want to represent it. I do take the point that I should Bet some where to get some value for my hand. In a way I fully realised the value of position in poker ;)

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars