$10 NLHE Full Ring: KK all in decision on river

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am about 40 hands into this table. Villain seems to play more flops then average, opens from different positions etc. Seemingly plays slow post flop by the looks of his other hands and really small history of only 40 hands.

I don't use huds so no numbered stats!

https://www.boomplayer.com/30500716_54E77DF36A

Pre flop - just called his 3-bet as I figured his range is wide, like Ax, smaller pocket pairs etc.

Flop - checked it hoping he will c-bet, which he didn't

Turn - made a big bet, wanted to target his Ax range and to make it look I am stealing the pot.

River - made a smaller bet tryng to get value from Ax and his overpairs, thinking I am giving him good price to just get to showdown.

Any thoughts? Would you make the call? Any other lines to take here?

TheRealPage

TheRealPage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I don't think you did something wrong there.. I mean, you raised, ok maybe a bit low but it's a standard raise... called a 3-bet... first to bet turn and river.. sounds to me it's the way to play Ks with that kind of safe board in a cash game...

..however, not the same tought for vilain's..

I don't understand this play.. 3-bet w/ this.. I seriously tought he was on a big pocket.. maybe a lucky set of 4s.. I'm not sure you would have been able to make him fold with an all-in preflop.. looks like a dangerous calling station who got lucky that time..

It doesn't always work on a long run!

-TRP-

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the river is a fold. You bet half pot, I feel like given this runout the single paired types of hands you beat are just going to call like 99+. He is repping an extremely small value range on the river due to the post flop action, but I think this is a spot where you can make an exploitative fold. It is super rare that people bluff raise the river in 3-bet pots.

One thing of note, great spot to 4-bet preflop. I like the rest of your line leading up to the river.. Sucky spot to be in.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably villian's range is generally wide. according to his bluff frequency, you should fold the river.
you can c-bet flop, bet bigger in turn.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way this hand played out, the river is a fold

When the button 3bet pre-flop, I was shocked to see you just call and not 4bet with pocket kings. Button could have any Ace x because he is the button

He still might have called the 4bet with a suited ace, but if you led out huge on the flop, I do not see the button calling with just A high and a gutshot

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I honestly don't know what hurts more, a two outer or a runner runner....
One thing of note, great spot to 4-bet preflop. I like the rest of your line leading up to the river.. Sucky spot to be in.

The way this hand played out, the river is a fold

When the button 3bet pre-flop, I was shocked to see you just call and not 4bet with pocket kings. Button could have any Ace x because he is the button

He still might have called the 4bet with a suited ace, but if you led out huge on the flop, I do not see the button calling with just A high and a gutshot

I wouldn't say 4-bet pre would be a good move. Just think about it: If I do decide to 4-bet I am really saying QQ, KK AA, AKs. What hand is realistically going to call against that range and then possibly continue calling on the flop.
By just calling, and considering I am OOP, my range stays wider, I am only really afraid to see an A, so there are a lot of flops I am comfortable playing. Also, just calling pre allows Villain to continue betting on the flop, as he is supposed to represent the hand that I am having - an overpair.

In case I did 4-bet - Villain folds I lose value
In case I call his 3-bet then lead the flop - Villain folds huge part of his range and again I lose value

You should not make decisions based on how scared you are to see a particular card on the board.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I differ in the call to 3bet of him I think that in that case I would have made another raise with respect to the call on the river I think it was the right one it was not easy to know that he had the flush I would have it in a rank higher than A6 so neither the two pairs nor the Straight would worry me I think that in this case I would have also made the call

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First what I would like to ask is why are you playing 70BB effective?
Unless you are taking a shot at 10NL you should be sitting with 100BB.

Honestly I just dont see him having it there. People who 3bet lightly generally do that with suited Ax and they cbet something like A5s or A6s in this case with a gutter and a BDFD.
Him checking this dry board and just calling your strong turn bet is most likely Ax and then some broadways he thinks are outs and he can't fold them.
Only other thing that makes sense are 55s and 66s but does he 3bet them pre ?
IMO on the river he never has a set or a straight and the only flushes he can have are some Ax like AK(and you block it) AQ,AJ and maybe KQ. He checked them back on flop thinking he has some SD value and other non Ax BDFDs he would probably cbet.
So that's 3 combos of hands that beat you and you are getting 2.6 to 1 on your money so you need only 28 equity and I think this is a call just given the odds and how much money you put in.
If you had more behind like if you were 100BB deep you might find a fold.

Pozdrav i svako dobro :D

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First what I would like to ask is why are you playing 70BB effective?
Unless you are taking a shot at 10NL you should be sitting with 100BB.

Honestly I just dont see him having it there. People who 3bet lightly generally do that with suited Ax and they cbet something like A5s or A6s in this case with a gutter and a BDFD.
Him checking this dry board and just calling your strong turn bet is most likely Ax and then some broadways he thinks are outs and he can't fold them.
Only other thing that makes sense are 55s and 66s but does he 3bet them pre ?
IMO on the river he never has a set or a straight and the only flushes he can have are some Ax like AK(and you block it) AQ,AJ and maybe KQ. He checked them back on flop thinking he has some SD value and other non Ax BDFDs he would probably cbet.
So that's 3 combos of hands that beat you and you are getting 2.6 to 1 on your money so you need only 28 equity and I think this is a call just given the odds and how much money you put in.
If you had more behind like if you were 100BB deep you might find a fold.

Pozdrav i svako dobro :D

Thx for the solid reply, those were pretty much my thoughts when I played the hand and thus made the call in the end.

As for the stack size, online you can only buy in for 100BBs (10$) but I never do that. In my experience people rarely go all in pre flop or especially post flop, so there is no reason to have entire 10$ at risk which is why I usually buy in for 8$ only.
Also, I don't re-buy chips during the game because it helps me to keep track of my progress - wins and losses.
Basically having 70bbs there, meant I had 80bbs to start with and lost 10bbs..

Takodje! :)