(UTG+1): $6.66 (67 bb)
Hero (MP): $10.00 (100 bb)
(MP+1): $6.79 (68 bb)
(CO): $9.82 (98 bb)
(BU): $9.84 (98 bb) Vpip : 22 PFR : 14 AF : 1 3B : 4
(SB): $10.12 (101 bb)
(BB): $10.30 (103 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with Q♣ A♣
(UTG) calls $0.10 (UTG+1) calls $0.10 Hero (MP) raises to $0.50, 2 players fold, (BU) 3-bets to $1.50, 4 players fold, Hero (MP) calls $1

Flop: ($3.35) A♥ 9♥ T♣ (2 players)
Hero (MP) checks, (BU) bets $2, Hero (MP) calls $2

Turn: ($7.35) 9♦ (2 players)
Hero (MP) checks, (BU) bets $4, Hero (MP) what to do? he has 2$ left

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Against this kind of player I would just fold, and I might even choose to fold to the 3-bet and not even get involved. A 4% 3-bet is pretty much AK, maybe AQ or a big pocket pair, so while AQs feel like to strong to fold, it is actually crushed by his range. And because of the limpers he is 3-betting against a large open, which if anything makes it even stronger. It also makes it more difficult for us to get away postflop, if we improve.

And when he then bet flop and bet turn on this board, its pretty much AK or better. His worst possible hand is JJ, and a passive player would typically not turn JJ into a bluff. He would just check back and try to get to a cheap showdown. Its different, if this was a player with a high aggression factor and a high 3-bet. Then I guess, we have to get it in on the turn, even though its still not a totally great spot.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a very nasty spot, and one of the reasons I hate having AQ in large 3 bet pots.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played you have to call alltough you're most likely behind. I'd work around that by sizing our cbet smaller. If you cbet around 30% pot you set you're range up for an turn jam for potsize, avoiding an awkward spr spot on the turn.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This isn't a fun spot. First thing to consider is what the hand sample size is. If it's 100 hands or less I would definitely call down. If it's more substantial then I agree we can sometimes exploitatively fold pre as our hand is pretty much a 2:1 dog vs a top 4% 3 bet range and we will also be OOP. Once we take a flop the numbers flip though. We out flop KK, QQ, JJ and chop with AQ. There are very few combos of 99, TT, AA. So we are now a 55/45 favorite against that same range and most Vs will auto cbet this flop for around that sizing. I'd view a smaller sizing as stronger actually. If V is good and has HH stats on us they probably know since the Ah is on the board we don't have many draws on this board and their strong hands don't need a lot of protection (mostly sets here). Turn card doesn't change anything and our passive line is encouraging V to barrel. We will get shown AK and TT here often but I think V also shows up with some AQ, AJs, KK, QQ, JJ on occasion. It can be tough to interpret aggression factor since folds aren't included. If V has any bluffs in position with JJ-KK against a super passive line I think we have to call down. If V routinely gives up after the cbet then again we can exploitatively fold turn. It's a close spot where I think we need a good size hand history and some reads to get away from the hand. My default play would be to pay it off here without a more compelling read. Our image can also come into play. Have we been out of line at all this session or with this V in the past? Just calling OOP isn't exactly showing tons of strength our hand is under repped. Realistically with this action on the turn we are near the top of our range. We could have TT or the last 99 combo but we probably shouldn't get to the turn like this with much AA or AK. If V is good they know our value range is really only 3 combos and they can get us off hands as strong as AQ with a turn barrel.