$10 NLHE 6-max: Zoom: River two pair with flush blocker, Villain shoves... Hero's Play?

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$10 NLHE 6-max: Zoom: River two pair with flush blocker, Villain shoves... Hero's Play?

Winning Poker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on Upswing Poker - https://upswingpoker.com/replayer/6qdezM9

UTG: $18.79 (188 bb)
MP: $13.32 (133 bb)
CO (Hero): $51.19 (512 bb)
BU: $16.59 (166 bb)
SB: $12.50 (125 bb)
BB: $19.59 (196 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero is CO with A♣ 3♥
UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets to $1, 3 players fold, UTG calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.15) J♥ Q♣ T♥ (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1

Turn: ($4.15) A♥ (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $1, UTG raises to $5.71, Hero calls $4.71

River: ($15.57) 3♣ (2 players)
UTG bets $11.08 (all-in), Hero calls $11.08

Total pot: $37.73 (Rake: $1.88)

Showdown:
UTG shows K♥ A♠ (a straight, Ten to Ace)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 74%, Flop: 93%, Turn: 97%, River: 100%)

CO (Hero) shows A♣ 3♥ (two pair, Aces and Threes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 26%, Flop: 7%, Turn: 3%, River: 0%)

UTG wins $35.85

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is ultra spewy

1. Defo fold pre. You can't post well post flop vs his range.
2. Check fold all streets post flop. Think about his 3b calling range from UTG.
I'd put something like 88+ (maybe some low pps since it's deep), 87s+, QTs+,AQo,AJs
more than 70% of that range connects on that flop.

3. Consider how well you do vs his range with the hand you have when facing aggression on an obvious draw heavy board

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Just fold. I can be on board with 3-betting suited wheel aces, but when you start to throw in offsuit wheel aces as well, you are simply bluffing way to much, and you are picking someone, who opened UTG and is deep as well, both of which is bad for you.

Flop
Check back. Your hand is garbage, and the board smashes his range.

Turn
As played check back. Your hand is still garbage. Any king or real ace still has you beat as well as sets and two pair and now also a flush. As played fold to his check-raise. Once again your hand is garbage.

River
Fold. You have two pair now, but on that board your hand is still garbage. He can have a flush, a straight, a set, and a ton of better two pair. Also you are deep, so you need even higher standards for stacking off.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have said fold A3o pre it would be a fine 3bet suited and then check fold the flop as played.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey sportsguy, whats good. I think we've played together in the past on ACR... could be wrong tho lol.

I think there is a problem with us 3-betting this guys UTG open. Unless we know we is opening at least a little wide there, we shouldn't be doing this.

But the confusion comes after the flop... you'd think most of the kings in his range would 4-bet (for him, against a villain 3-betting A3o from the CO, he should prob. be 4-betting KQ and AK).

That's what makes it hard to put him on a hand. Maybe something like 77, 88, 99 would open UTG and flat call a 3-bet oop.

Your turn bet I thouhgt was small, I would at least bet 1.50 there. It opens us up for that raise, which again makes it harder to play... potential bluff from 99 or a red ace etc.

But these considerations are probably giving our opponent too much credit. He played this hand straight up and down. He's probably good to 3-bet when hes in MP or LP, he might fold a good chunk of his range. These aren't the spot to be fighting over.

L'chaim

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the advice guys, I can see how bad my play was this morning lol

S

sportsguy16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey sportsguy, whats good. I think we've played together in the past on ACR... could be wrong tho lol.

I think there is a problem with us 3-betting this guys UTG open. Unless we know we is opening at least a little wide there, we shouldn't be doing this.

But the confusion comes after the flop... you'd think most of the kings in his range would 4-bet (for him, against a villain 3-betting A3o from the CO, he should prob. be 4-betting KQ and AK).

That's what makes it hard to put him on a hand. Maybe something like 77, 88, 99 would open UTG and flat call a 3-bet oop.

Your turn bet I thouhgt was small, I would at least bet 1.50 there. It opens us up for that raise, which again makes it harder to play... potential bluff from 99 or a red ace etc.

But these considerations are probably giving our opponent too much credit. He played this hand straight up and down. He's probably good to 3-bet when hes in MP or LP, he might fold a good chunk of his range. These aren't the spot to be fighting over.

L'chaim

whats your username?

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is ultra spewy

1. Defo fold pre. You can't post well post flop vs his range.
2. Check fold all streets post flop. Think about his 3b calling range from UTG.
I'd put something like 88+ (maybe some low pps since it's deep), 87s+, QTs+,AQo,AJs
more than 70% of that range connects on that flop.

3. Consider how well you do vs his range with the hand you have when facing aggression on an obvious draw heavy board

Pretty much that.

Unless he has a fold to 3B in EP OOP of 75% plus, preflop alone is negative EV. What’s your 3B range here if A3o is in it?

Check behind flop for sure. What hands do you make fold? 88 and maybe lower PP if he calls them. Wouldn’t expect him to donk turn with them given the board and your range.

So way fold on turn if he bets.

Full Flush Poker