€10 NLHE 6-max: What mistakes I did with this hand (hidden full house)?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's my hand from yesterday (no hud): http://mysmp.me/h_mMP

The opponent is very loose and semi-aggressive, little bit better fish. Opens a lot and calls 3 bets very widely Pre Flop, probably a woman.

My hand is 99
Pre Flop: I can't understand why she limped with 88. Usually, she raises with this kind of hand, especially on the button. I made my basic raising (+2bb because of two limpers). She calls
Nothing happens till River and I was sure I have the best hand, so I made a big value bet 2/3 of the pot. A weird thing happened and she min raised 2x my bet size IMMEDIATELY. I was sure she is bluffing, she can't have an Ace in her hand because she usually raises with top pair. I paid of course and she revealed a full house damn.
That was an uncomfortable play for me, OOP against this kind of Calling Station. I think I made a mistake on the Turn because I didn't bet.

What do you think about this hand?

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should know in advance how you are going to play the hand. You should never bet 3 streets with second pair if you do not have any reads. You can check this flop or bet, but on the turn it does not make sense to bet again, because you are not getting called by worse. What do you beat,when you call the check/raise on the river? At the micros river raises are almost always nutted. It might not seem a lot when you loose some extra cents, but in terms of bbs it adds up in the long run.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cbet the flop or possibly delayed cbet on the turn, as played on the river id fold even vs the min raise.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You said it yourself. You raised pre flop and she limp / called. She is very unlikely to limp / call with the Ace. You have so many Aces in your range here. You should be betting flop for 2/3 heads up against a wide range. If she calls you can check turn and evaluate. If she takes the lead you may have to fold turn. If she checks back you should probably value bet river. When you get raised on this river you are only bluff catching because the hand checked all the way down. It should never have played this way. You should be betting either flop or turn here since we can rep the Ace. Had there been different action it would be easier to get away from the hand. By checking flop and turn you are telling her you don't have an Ace or a full house. You are allowing her to play perfectly against your specific hand instead of making her play against the range of hands that you would raise from the small blind.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet the flop or possibly delayed cbet on the turn, as played on the river id fold even vs the min raise.

I am OOP and it is a draw heavy board with a flush and straight draw, and because she just limped there is a big possibility that flop hit her someway.

Because this player basically calls almost everything I didn't want to build a pot too big.
Could you explain a little bit more about that flop cbet?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should be betting either flop or turn here since we can rep the Ace. By checking flop and turn you are telling her you don't have an Ace or a full house.

This is micro stakes and this player is level 1 thinker. No such things like "representing", or bluffing. Mostly value betting and showdown winnings should be bigger than no showdown winnings at these levels.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am OOP and it is a draw heavy board with a flush and straight draw, and because she just limped there is a big possibility that flop hit her someway.

Because this player basically calls almost everything I didn't want to build a pot too big.
Could you explain a little bit more about that flop cbet?

A fish should have alot of worse hands so a cbet for value is probably very +ev here. Lots of flush draws some straight draws and tons of worse 1 pair hands.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have c-bet the flop. I disagree that there is no such thing as representing at micro stakes and you need to bet here for value vs. that draw heavy board So many players limp/call their low pp's at these stakes. But fine, you checked and they check back. The 4c is a brick here, so I think you have to bet the turn. V should bet the flop with an ace after your check, so you are likely ahead. Don't give free cards to draw. By the river, you should stay with your line and check call imo. The only hands that can really pay your river bet now are 77, 66, and 55. Any other hand that can call beats you.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands