$10 NLHE 6-max: UTG vs BB 3 bet pot, tptk on monotonous flop

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everyone. I would be very glad, if you could assess the way how I played it and indicate me my mistakes. How do you play monotonous boards?
no stars on villain

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker - https://upswingpoker.com/convert

Hero (UTG): $12.73 (127 bb)
Player4 (CO): $10.37 (104 bb)
Player5 (BU): $15.76 (158 bb)
Player1 (SB): $10.00 (100 bb)
Player2 (BB): $9.40 (94 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero (Hero) is UTG with K♠ A♠
Hero (UTG) raises to $0.30, 2 players fold, Player1 (SB) 3-bets to $1, 1 fold, Hero (UTG) calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 9♦ 3♦ A♦ (2 players)
Player1 (SB) bets $0.66, Hero (UTG) raises to $2.10, Player1 (SB) calls $1.44

Turn: ($6.30) 8♦ (2 players)
Player1 (SB) checks, Hero (UTG) checks

River: ($6.30) Q♥ (2 players)

How would you play this hand?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello everyone. I would be very glad, if you could assess the way how I played it and indicate me my mistakes. How do you play monotonous boards?
no stars on villain

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 5 players
Hand delivered by Upswing Poker - https://upswingpoker.com/convert

Hero (UTG): $12.73 (127 bb)
Player4 (CO): $10.37 (104 bb)
Player5 (BU): $15.76 (158 bb)
Player1 (SB): $10.00 (100 bb)
Player2 (BB): $9.40 (94 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero (Hero) is UTG with K♠ A♠
Hero (UTG) raises to $0.30, 2 players fold, Player1 (SB) 3-bets to $1, 1 fold, Hero (UTG) calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) 9♦ 3♦ A♦ (2 players)
Player1 (SB) bets $0.66, Hero (UTG) raises to $2.10, Player1 (SB) calls $1.44

Turn: ($6.30) 8♦ (2 players)

River: ($6.30) Q♥ (2 players)

How would you play this hand?

We can be 4-betting very safely preflop in a very good frequency, but calling is also good, since we are blocking AA, KK and the own AK as well.
OTF we cannot be simply raising our TPTK and Two Pairs and Sets, but our flush draws and nut flushes: we don't even own a blocker for this flush so I would rather call SB's c-bet than raising.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

J

Julez97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop you absolutely need to be 4-betting this hand for value. If AKs doesn't even qualify as a 4-bet, than you are playing much too nitty.

On these textures, you really only want to bet with your strongest hands, and best bluffs. These would mainly be top sets, good flushes, and nut flush draws. I don't think check raising here is optimal, especially when we do not have a good flush draw ourselves. If you raise, and get called, its hard to know where you are at, and the SPR is 1:1 so your going to have to pick some hands to commit with. So I think, I'd prefer to call and re-evaluate on the turn. If its a 4th diamond, and villain continues betting, I can safely let my hand go. If its a brick, and they check, well I can probably bet for value, with only 1 card to come.

R

Rajten

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for comments, this time I was lucky that he didn't ship the flop because he's got AA. Regarding 4 bet, not better is to just call him. If we raise him, we got action only from hand, which against we flip or we are crushed, he folds everything worse. If, he 3 bets with sth like AQ-Qjo,KQs, mayby some blufffs A2s-A5s, we dominate him, and we can take his entire stack, or signifficant portion, when both will hit top pair. I know, that when we raise him, we can instanously increase our stack for 10%, when he folds, but it sin't better to just call him and play with position?