$10 NLHE 6-max: Underpair OOP (semi wet board)

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Just wondering if we XC or bet out flop. He makes a better pair with some of his hands on the river, so do we turn out hand into a bluff? Hard to play.

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 128.6 BB
SB: 120 BB
BB: 142 BB
UTG: 123.3 BB
Hero (MP): 100 BB
CO: 116.7 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to 2.2 BB, fold, BTN calls 2.2 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (5.9 BB, 2 players) T:heart: Q:heart: T:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN bets 2.9 BB, Hero calls 2.9 BB

Turn: (11.7 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (11.7 BB, 2 players) J:club:
Hero checks, BTN checks

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
poker fundamentals skill and luck

poker games are all about playing your position

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F*cking 3x pre. Don't do that at NL10. UTG, MP 3x. I will write something about this and just use "Copy and Paste". Every time the same...

OTF I will just use standard Cbet and that's it. Yeah, I know, "Which better hand will fold, blah, blah, blah...". I like this option the most, that's it.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
F*cking 3x pre. Don't do that at NL10. UTG, MP 3x. I will write something about this and just use "Copy and Paste". Every time the same...

OTF I will just use standard Cbet and that's it. Yeah, I know, "Which better hand will fold, blah, blah, blah...". I like this option the most, that's it.

Damn, well I'm glad you responded to my posts, but is it that big of a deal?

I actually prefer smaller sizings since I can respond better to 3bets. I'm a bit more comfortable with it, but whatever.

Yea, betting out is a bit easier to play, but V can call wide, I'm just considering if he bets out wider.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually this is a big deal. You know, you have small profit with any hand. But 3x for MP and UTG is better. For sure. With any hand. And this little profit, part of the blind, will accumulate. For UTG and MP are not many hands. 5-6 hands for 100. Let's say only 2 blinds profit for 100 hands. 20 cents...But if you play many hands, this will matter. 2bb per 100 hands is pretty huge leak.

Last edited:
bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually 3x at 10nl but I don't mind the 2.2x. I think this line is ok

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
I also prefer a larger open :)

Flop
I prefer checking the flop on this particular configuration. Those hands, that have two overcards to your pair, pretty much all hit this board, so you are not getting them to fold. Maybe A9 will fold, but anything else has hit two pair / trips or some kind of straightdraw. By betting you would only fold out hands, that are way behind and get called by every single hand, which has you crushed or flipping. Even check-calling is fairly marginal, since you cant stand any further heat, unless you hit your 2-outer.

Turn and river
Absolutely 100% checking and hoping, that he will allow me to get to showdown.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fundiver is on point here again. I think it's really lucky that V slows down turn and river here in position. Facing a more competent V I'd prefer to b/f or x/f flop with our particular hand since we have only 2 outs to improve and unblock hearts. x/c seems like an exploit to be able to cheaply bluff catch with a marginal hand OOP but we should never really get to showdown for free against any hand that beats us or any hand that we beat. If we lead flop I would lead 1/2 pot max and double barrel clean turns to further charge draws then x/eval river (mostly folding). If we x flop we are putting ourselves in a position where we will face three potentially difficult decisions OOP with a marginal bluff catcher that will likely only get weaker on every street. If we know our V is passive then I don't mind this line as they wont be applying pressure without a hand often. Otherwise we are going to have to make 3 consecutive correct reads against a wide range where over half the deck are scare cards which seems very hard to do profitably.

arenaci

arenaci

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some say 3BB is better but especially in 6-max I think 2.2BB RFI UTG might be better. It is just a preference. Pluses of such an open is that 1-we lose less when we are 3bet and 2- we keep pot small OOP. I like the x/c on flop and would probably fold to a large bet on the turn. As played I don't see any misplays.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the days the people used even 4x from UTG. With a good reason. If we imagine sample with 5kk hands at NL10 with 3x OR from HJ and LJ and other with 2.2x OR, then will be a difference. This is a leak, as I said. A huge one. As I said maybe 2bb/100 hands difference. And you can't see this leak.

I remember one topic. Very long time ago. In PS...I played only SNG. But I talked with some guys, cash games players. The theme was "OR size". 2x from the BU, 2.5x from CO was not found yet. I said "why you don't use 3.5x UTG, HJ 3x, CO 2.5x, BU 2x, SB 3.5x". They were playing mainly at NL50-NL100 (the games was soft). The people liked my suggestion. Only the "top" coach don't liked it and started to argue. But he argued only for the BTN OR size. Short time after that someone "found" the min raise from BTN. Everyone start to use this. This guys, this coaches from the topic, they don't play anymore. The other guys still play poker with good results. They use 2.2x from UTG and MP, because the games are tough. The squeeze and the 3bet vs UTG and MP are high percentage. Higher than NL10. But they also have higher FE preflop. And not a big edge postflop. And no one is talking about NL10, no one cares.

If you are listening to the coaches, some ot them prefer 2.2x from UtG, HJ (for part of the range). But they are not experienced players. They decide to coach, because they sucks as players. For example this "weasel". Maybe the most popular coach for micro. He don't play for living. He "likes to coach". He tried this and that. He thinking about some strategies and then "try". This is like a game for him. Not a survival.

Not using 3x from UTG, HJ actually is "a big deal" , as I said. You lower your chances to go up, to survive in poker. This is a huge leak...Two blinds is a huge leak. I can't think right now for something similar. Maybe this is the biggest leak for micro.

And that's why I was angry, f*cking sorry about that. Every time, the same...The same sh*t. Why you give up so easily from the "old school" !? Low OR size, small Cbet, check, some homo moves. This "old school" is exactly for the micro. Maybe is not good anymore for the higher limits, but for the micro still perfect.

Last edited:
U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not so complex. The most profitable spots are the HU spots. No matter AA or 22, or even JTs. No matter...At the micro you have smaller FE preflop, low percentage SQ and 3bet. When the people start to fold at micro and prefer to be aggro preflop, then you will use this sh*t, this homo size for OR.