T

trummhihi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
110bb effective.
Hero from CO opens 2.5bb with AdQc.

BTN folds and SB squeezes to 8.5bb and BB calls, I decide to call as well.

FLOP: AhJs8s, all checks (I should probably bet). POT: 24.7bb
TURN: Qd, SB chekcs, BB bets 19.1bb, I call, SB folds. POT: 61.8bb
RIVER: brick 5c, BB bets 47.7bb and Hero folds.

Is it standard fold or how should I've played this hand. It was played on unibet, so no hud etc.

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would make a call, but in general I do not like the way you played that hand - there is no bet after the flop, there is no re-raise after a bet from your opponent on the turn, thus we can not understand the strength of your opponent's hand, I would choose a call if there is no information about the opponent . I think you played hand very passive and this led to the fact that you just threw out a bet on the river. It's only my oppinion

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB should have quite an active 3bet range vs C/o around 8% or so and with the added dead money of the cold call it's a spot i like to turn AQo into a semi 4bet bluff pre.I pretty much always put 3bet cold calls on set mines and usually hands like mid pairs 88-QQ and possibly AK that people don't like cold 4betting with.As played i would call top two pair on the river

T

theorian

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Resqueeze pre to punish the cold caller in the big blind. His call doesn't necessarily indicate strength.

Bet flop, fold to check raise. Call turn, call river. Sometimes you run into a set of jacks but you're extremely underrepped here. You're beating AJ and AK, which is 10 combos, vs a set of jacks which is 6 combos. If he flatted aces or eights here (unlikely) I'm just sucking it up and losing a stack.

W

weirdline

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What stronger hands do you have that get to the river this way? This kind of seems like the top of your range. Something has gone terribly wrong if we're folding the top of our range to less than a pot size bet on the brick river.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would make a call, but in general I do not like the way you played that hand - there is no bet after the flop, there is no re-raise after a bet from your opponent on the turn, thus we can not understand the strength of your opponent's hand, I would choose a call if there is no information about the opponent . I think you played hand very passive and this led to the fact that you just threw out a bet on the river. It's only my oppinion

Agree with your analysis. I would call this hand with 3/4 bet sizing. The line is on your opponent. If he is super tight player which not tends to bluff, you could think about folding this hand, like you lose to JJ, AA, QQ, 88, KTs 12 combos (88 and KTs are in my 3bet range as SB vs BTN but I don't know this opponent). You fold the top two pair which is folding too much.

If your opponent is bluffing, he could bluff with the miss flush draw which he plans to check raise you on the flop if you bet and turn it into a bluff on the river, with hands like KsQs, AsKs, Ts9s, even 7s6s. Some players also bet AK on this as a value bet since you don't raise him on the turn. It really depends on how you read your opponent. Facing no information I would call.