€10 NLHE 6-max: Is This Too Tight Fold? Should I Just Go All In?

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 100/67/8

Super loose and aggressive player who has played every hand (21)
His FFCB is 100 and 3B 20 (not very accurate)

He raised me on the Turn. There is a straight draw and I really can't put him on the range. What do you think I should do?

iPoker - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 19.16, PFR: 17.37, 3Bet Preflop: 1.82, hands: 168)
Hero (MP): 105.8 BB
CO: 126.2 BB (VPIP: 23.41, PFR: 17.56, 3Bet Preflop: 8.45, Hands: 416)
BTN: 68.4 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 66.67, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 21)
SB: 121.4 BB (VPIP: 21.19, PFR: 16.15, 3Bet Preflop: 4.70, Hands: 460)
BB: 62.5 BB (VPIP: 9.52, PFR: 4.76, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 21)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) T 8 4
Hero bets 7 BB, BTN calls 7 BB

Turn: (21.5 BB, 2 players) 7
Hero bets 19 BB, BTN raises to 38 BB, fold

BTN wins 54.6 BB

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are betting for value, you should typically not fold to a raise on the turn and certainly not a mini-raise. By folding you are assuming, that you have perfect information about Villains range, which is typically not the case. So I think, you should call here and check back, if he check the river. If he jam the river, you should fold, unless you improved to top set.

I also think, your bet sizes are very large. I understand, you are trying to charge a fish, but even he is very lose, you kind of have to ask yourself, if he is calling two almost pot sized bets with 1 pair AND then calling again on the river.

With all that said he probably did have you beat here. Playing every hand mean, he can have every possible combination of two pair and a straight, and a raise on the turn is a pretty strong line. But then again you only have 20 hands on him, and he is raising a ton preflop, so he is definitely a maniac. And these are the kind of players, who are most likely to actually be doing this as a bluff.

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 100/67/8

Super loose and aggressive player who has played every hand (21)
His FFCB is 100 and 3B 20 (not very accurate)

He raised me on the Turn. There is a straight draw and I really can't put him on the range. What do you think I should do?

As you said he's super loose aggressive, is that only true preflop? If not why fold to a minraise on the turn? Doesnt make sense to me. As played call turn and then check fold the river unless you improve.

As for approaching his range, he seems to me is 3betting quite aggressively, alltough youre sample isn't great. What does he 3bet with? Discount that part and there you have a callingrange preflop. Play around a bit with Equilab to approach these spots. Imo he could have a lot of garbage and might just be making a move here. Alltough any 2pair some sets and some straights are possible. His range will be more bluffheavy.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok you raise x3 what is the range you have of the opponent? the board does not seem to tell me that he is beating your pair of queens, you have to eliminate KK or AA because if he decided to slow play with those hands, it does not have much sense for me to raise on the turn, for me the play does not was call was after raising the villain was to make shove and see what happens, with that board everything indicates that your QQ must be won that hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just as an additional point, we have 8 outs against two pair, since we can win on a Q or a board pair, that does not give him a boat. We are getting 4:1, so we almost have correct odds to draw against that hand. We are completely dead against a straight though. But its hard to put someone on just two hands, when they are playing literally anything. And does he always call that large flop bet with just a gutter? Maybe but its up for debate. A larger sample and fold to C-bet would be usefull stats to have.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a few additional comments about bet sizing. When we have a 100% VPIP to act after us, we could go for the stackered bet sizing here and make it like 5BB rather than the usual 3BB. Charge him some more to see a flop with his whatever and look for that point, where he actually start to fold.

And postflop its kind of the opposite. If we bet 5BB on the flop and 10BB on the turn, his miniraise would be to 20BB, and we would have more room to call and manouver the river. Maybe we can call a small river bet, and if he jam, his risk/reward is significantly worse.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, you were quite solid with your barrels, so the push seems reasonable after the villain's bet on the turn. I think this is an important point to show all the pressure your hand means. You should consider the possibility that now V puts you to the test with a float bet, on a board where interesting lines are opened in favor of BTN.
You should also consider that even if you have V as a reference, a sample of hands you are small in size, it is worth highlighting and taking notes on probable characteristics of a loose player in btn.
However, this should not turn it into a creditor of junk combinations that improved on the turn. On the contrary, V can take advantage of his loose player advantage and now represent a ladder for example.
So I think the only way to know is with a 4-bet redoubling your challenge. That way we will avoid this type of places, where certain players will take advantage of their image to exploit closed OP ranges.
Regards.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, you were quite solid with your barrels, so the push seems reasonable after the villain's bet on the turn. I think this is an important point to show all the pressure your hand means. You should consider the possibility that now V puts you to the test with a float bet, on a board where interesting lines are opened in favor of BTN.
You should also consider that even if you have V as a reference, a sample of hands you are small in size, it is worth highlighting and taking notes on probable characteristics of a loose player in btn.
However, this should not turn it into a creditor of junk combinations that improved on the turn. On the contrary, V can take advantage of his loose player advantage and now represent a ladder for example.
So I think the only way to know is with a 4-bet redoubling your challenge. That way we will avoid this type of places, where certain players will take advantage of their image to exploit closed OP ranges.
Regards.

Could you explain this aggressive strategy? I understand that he will fold out many bluffs, and possibly some hands that have us beat (although maybe not this player), but he's already called and raised two large bets, shouldn't we just trust that he is strong?

What type of raise would that be technically? Are we turning QQ into a bluff?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case it would be a blocking bet and at the same time protection of our closed range. We are probably ahead of projects or middle hands that improved on the turn. It is an aggressive line that in open villains, works when we think they want to deceive us and we decide to show a strong hand.

Folding in Poker