$10 NLHE 6-max: Slowplaying Aces

Picatrix

Picatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand starts with hero in UTG. hero has stack of 9.85, villain has stack of 9.36, everyone else is around 7. Gets AhAd. Limps in with 10c. UTG 1 and MP call. SB folds and BB calls. Flop is 2dAs4c. BB checks, hero bets 25c, villain in MP calls, everyone else folded. Turn is 8d. Hero checks. Villain bets 0.65c. Hero raises to 1.80. Villain calls. River is 9d. Hero checks. Villain shoves. Hero snap calls.

Villain shows 7h5h. Hero shows AhAd. Hero wins pot of 18.03.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplaying aces is asking for trouble. Never limp them, especially from ep. Aces play really good against 1 or 2 opponents, not 3 or 4. Slowplaying them may seem like a good idea, but in reality it looses value and makes it harder to win.

I don't think you slowplayed postflop. If my math is right, you bet around half pot on the flop, which is a bit small, some of those limpers might have a 4 or a 5 in their hands.

I like to just keep betting that turn. We are ahead here fairly often, so i don't want to risk trying to get in the check raise. There are so many hands villain could check back with, like 2 diamonds. If he checks back, we hand his draws a free card, and loose value from some hands. He calls your c-raise, That means he either has some sort of draw, like maybe 67d, or a made hand like 2 pair or maybe a set. He really doesn't do that with air.

Villain jams the river, idk but i can find a fold here sometimes. There was already a str8 on the flop, and that river just brought in his backdoor diamonds. What does he really have here other than bluffs or hands that beat you?

You call and he shows a big bluff. okay, thats great. On your next post, please post stack sizes, villian info and stats, and hero's stats along with the actual hand. Also, try not to post the results, it can skew analysis.

Picatrix

Picatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slowplaying aces is asking for trouble. Never limp them, especially from ep. Aces play really good against 1 or 2 opponents, not 3 or 4. Slowplaying them may seem like a good idea, but in reality it looses value and makes it harder to win.

I don't think you slowplayed postflop. If my math is right, you bet around half pot on the flop, which is a bit small, some of those limpers might have a 4 or a 5 in their hands.

I like to just keep betting that turn. We are ahead here fairly often, so i don't want to risk trying to get in the check raise. There are so many hands villain could check back with, like 2 diamonds. If he checks back, we hand his draws a free card, and loose value from some hands. He calls your c-raise, That means he either has some sort of draw, like maybe 67d, or a made hand like 2 pair or maybe a set. He really doesn't do that with air.

Villain jams the river, idk but i can find a fold here sometimes. There was already a str8 on the flop, and that river just brought in his backdoor diamonds. What does he really have here other than bluffs or hands that beat you?

You call and he shows a big bluff. okay, thats great. On your next post, please post stack sizes, villian info and stats, and hero's stats along with the actual hand. Also, try not to post the results, it can skew analysis.
Thanks for your thoughts!