Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Four of a kind

Hi freddydr87, thank you for posting your hands!
IMO you played the hand perfectly. When you 3bet and get called and the flop comes two aces it is very scary for the Villain in position, because this is a singular spot where we have all the Ax combos, for sure, and Villain have none.
This is the only spot where I would be checking and calling and slow play quite a bit.
We see that Villain is a recreational which is real good:

A) Villain has a broken stack
B) Villain had reverse implied odds and no price for calling a 3.8x 3bet OOP with 22-66 (I wouldn't because it never setmines. :eek:
C) Villain is just clicking buttons, because, as I said before, it has no ace in its range and when we check flop Villain sends a decent C-Bet which is lovely and awesome! Means that Villain understands check/call as a weakeness. :egg:
D) It is possible that even when Villain doesn't complete a Full House in the River that it tries to push river for bluff (because it might think that because there are two aces in the board that you have none)

If you bet flop you could make Villain fold all of its junk and weaker hands. By checking you opened the door for it tries to bluff you with a huge nonsense range of hands. Fantastic hand, thanks again! Respect always! :)

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played every street well. Your check on the river was a bit risky for losing value, but villain got unlucky and hit his best/worst card.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea i risk to get a X behind river,but didnt wanth to make him fold anythigh he maigh though have value.

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Board is very dry I would play same flop and turn.

I think beting on river allso an option. I expect more to se caling with at least with QQ than blufing BXB.

TakMits

TakMits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Freddy,

In my opinion it would be better not show the result of the hand.

Also it would be nice to have some information if is available about the Villain if his aggresive, likes to bluff etc.

Now that we know the result, you play the hand perfectly as you get the maximum value from this hand.

My only objection is on the river, i would probably put him all in because maybe we will lose value from hands like 88+ that call our 3bet pre and want a cheap showdown by checking behind.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, it is perfect to check-call this flop, since you have the board so incredibly crushed. The only good hand, he can have, is 44, and that should not even be in his range, when he call a 3-bet with only 50BB behind. He should only have something like 88 or better. I dont like checking the river though. When he check back the turn, he probably has some kind of showdown value, so he is very unlikely to bet, if you check again. This time he did bet, but he would obviously also have called, when he just rivered a boat.