ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (CO): 111 BB
BTN: 126.9 BB (VPIP: 19.61, PFR: 17.65, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, hands: 52)
SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 14.29, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 49)
BB: 122.9 BB (VPIP: 46.30, PFR: 20.37, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 55)
UTG: 118.3 BB (VPIP: 17.54, PFR: 17.54, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 57)
MP: 120.4 BB (VPIP: 21.21, PFR: 15.15, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond: 4:heart: 2:club:
MP checks, Hero bets 12.3 BB, MP calls 12.3 BB

Turn: (44.1 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
MP checks, Hero bets 22.3 BB, MP raises to 99.1 BB and is all-in

???

So I've 3Bet this reg twice in the last few orbits, the second time he 4Bet, I flatted and he overbet jammed the flop. Normally I wouldn't 3Bet with AQo here especially given I want the fish in the blinds in however given the history of the last few orbits he is definitely flatting his suited broadways which I either dominate or am in pretty good shape against. Given our history, particularly the last 4Bet hand together I expect him to 4Bet or jam everything better than AQ (the exception possibly being JJ).

So, we get to the turn and I don't know where I stand. He appears to be a solid aggro reg, which would indicate he wouldn't have me beat here except AK/AA however given our history I think I can heavily discount those hands. I thought it rare that he would show up with 44/22 here as he should be adapting his ranges and given the last 3/4 orbits I'm bluffing to much for him to profitably setmine. A5 should either be a 4Bet or a fold so I find it difficult to give him credit for that. He insta-jammed which is suspect as ****?

A lot of the time I check back turn here but, again, given our history I think I can get three streets here from AJ.

Plox advise.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think what makes this hand difficult is your sizing.. you need to bump this up more against agg players... soon as u do half or under they will raise with draws and put u in tough spots.

Id say this is an easy fold generally but if hes super aggr and will do this cuz he has now str and flush draws then gii.

but at 10nl these players arent good enough or creative... it smells like a set or at least 2pair which is worried about river. vill will have ak minimum. he sees u 3bet pre and the a is out there.... he will know a is in ur range... hes a reg... so yeah fold

also Ace diamonds is out there so much harder for vill to bluff flush draws ... pretty ambitious if he had kqs. depends how weak he thinks u r

people are less likely to call ur 3bet light as well oop in micros.

Jensmadsloui

Jensmadsloui

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
3b pre i standard, would play it same and fold turn. I would hate it, because what Can he have. Only really a set which would be a bit wierd, or AK. But fold yeah

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 @Aces and @Jen

If you have a history that makes you think he will jam AQ, he will call you wide here. He will think you are on the fish side and is ready to call you with hands ready to play big pots.

M

MikeMike109

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just from the curiosity what was an outcome of this hand?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given history I decided to call. Villain showed up with A5s. I gave him too much credit for being able to adjust ranges. Oh well.