€10 NLHE 6-max: Ok to fold Turn with TP as played ?

E

Elthirius

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I'm not sure if this fold is correct or on the tight (nit ?) side...

PF I didn't reraised because I had a good hand, and I probably will have position on the hand (unless we see a 3 bet, which I might have called). If my hand was suited or nobody flatted behind UTG I could have reraised.

OTF I catch TP with a great kicker and a backdoor flush draw. Not sure about the call, maybe a raise would have helped me find out if I was ahead or behind.

OTT the board paired and my flush draw is gone. Villain raises again. At this point the situation hasn't changed at all, if I was ahead I'm still ahead. But if I call, Villain will have an SPR < 1 OTR, so calling here means I'm probably playing for his stack. And on Zoom, with only TP facing a 2nd barrel I find that my chances are low winning this hand so I folded.

How do you find this fold ?

Looking back at it he could have some draws which would have flat PF, but I'm not convinced he would have raised his draw facing 3 players OTF...

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - €0.05/€0.10 - 6 players

UTG: €6.60 (66 bb)
MP: €7.82 (78 bb)
CO (Hero): €19.48 (195 bb)
BU: €6.27 (63 bb)
SB: €15.16 (152 bb)
BB: €15.14 (151 bb)

Pre-Flop: (€0.15) Hero is CO with Q A
UTG raises to €0.30, MP calls €0.30, Hero calls €0.30, 2 players fold, BB calls €0.20

Flop: (€1.25) A K 3 (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets €0.79, Hero calls €0.79, 2 players fold

Turn: (€2.83) 3 (2 players)
MP bets €1.79, CO (Hero) folds

Total pot: €2.83 (Rake: €0.14)
MP wins €2.69

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure why you're folding here. What hand are you afraid of? Can't imagine he has any 3's in his range besides maybe A3 or 43 suited...but those are super unlikely in middle position with so much action behind. AK should be 3betting. Once in a great while you run into AA or KK, but I doubt they just barrel away like this. This hand is most likely a chop, unless this guy is barreling a flush draw in which case you are way way ahead. Also if this guy has AJ or A 10 and a K comes up...now you're winning. Either way, I'm check/calling this one all the way down.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call turn and i prefer a squeeze pre.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK and AK would probably 3-bet preflop, K3 and A3 would fold, and on the turn there is only 1 combo of 33 left. A2 and A4-AQ chop the pot now, and since we also dont have AA, KK, AK, K3 or A3 in our range, he is almost freerolling us, if he have another A. So I think, we are chopping the pot a lot of the time, we are almost never losing it, and sometimes we could be ahead of a draw. I would have gone all in on the turn.

Folding in Poker