(2 players)
CO bets $2.51, Hero calls ?

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold. Check/call line then draw comes in and you see a value-bet? Yikes. We pretty much know exactly what villain has. We also have 2nd pair meh kicker.

Some people might try to say "pots odds" but villain has so few bluffs with this sizing. The reason they call it a value bet is because it tricks people using a maths-game into believing a call is profitable.

ZenAndPoker

ZenAndPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These are normally fold spots for me. When someone is OOP heads up on the river and has been x/c the last two streets suddenly wakes up on river and value bets they usually just hit their out on river or were slow playing from the start and they want to make sure they get paid if they’re going to show down.

You’re facing AQ, KQ, flush, or a very timid QQ-KK too often here to make this a profitable call.

If you think he’s bluffing feel free to come back at him with a raise to 8 dollars, but I wouldn’t recommend this at the micros as their play is depressingly straight forward most of the time.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Clear fold to me. Don't think he will open As2x in the CO and play this way. You beat nothing here unless this villain is doing sth crazy.