€10 NLHE 6-max: LAG trapped me with full house against my trips

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no hud allowed on my poker site. So the opponent is semi-unknown. But I have made some notes and marked him as Loose Aggressive not so good regular, but basically, he gets a big stack and I am kinda familiar with his playing style. Semi fish. Raise a lot on the flop.

At this scenario, he had a big stack (0.05/0.10€, maximum buy-in 10€) I had 10€ and he has something around 20€+.

(Shorthanded, only 3 players on the table)
Villain raised 3x on the blind, I raised 4x (1,20€) on the Big Blind with my AKo. He called.
On the flop KKx (I have trips with the best kicker). I checked to purpose to check-raise because I thought he will raise as a bluff. But now I think he was vary because he was familiar with me and knows I am an agressive and tight player. So, I probably underestimated him to fish category, otherwise, I never slowplay, or very rarely with fish. He just called. On turn 9 comes. Out Of Position, I did a big raise (70%-80% of the pot). He called. On the river, there are not possible straight or flushes. I know this guy is loose and he shows a lot of aggression usually if he has something, so, I did a big raise again oop and then he went all in with his big stack. I was sure this is some kind of stupid bluff or maybe he has tríps with weaker kicker. But no, he has pocket nines (full house) and I lost my stack.

Mistakes I think I did. I underestimated my opponent. I have given already him a fish tag, even he usually get a big stack. He called my big bet on the turn (maybe he knows I don't usually bluff). I was too readable, usually oop when there is a pair on the board I bet as a bluff, this time I didn't do that. Maybe he assumed I tried to slowplay and just called and he knows I have something good on my hand because I raised PF. I collapsed to Fancy Play Syndrome. I did changes to my playing style and he got tells by that what I had, just because I got bored and trying to do something new. Sigh. Also, he called my big bet on the turn and warning alarms didn't ring. I was too lazy to think about his tendencies. I had a very good session otherwise and I was a bit too over-confident because of all of those fishes. So I think that was my main mistake. But against some loose fish that was maybe optimal play.

What are your thoughts about this? I tried to be as clear as possible with my bad English and without hud stats, so generally, I have to follow "against unknowns" strategy when I play.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once you 4 bet you have taken control of the hand. Checking looks very strange and projects strength, not weakness. A 1/2 pot C-bet would look weaker. Villain opened and then called a 3-bet. She has something.

Since you didn't give anymore information there is nothing more to say.

B

blackburn44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many reg players set our bankroll according to the at least 30 buy-ins. Especially against lag players, these kind of bad beats are possible. dont be sorry :)