NL Holdem $0.1(BB)
SB ($24.42) [VPIP: 47.4% | PFR: 36.8% | AGG: 25% | 3-Bet: 28.6% | Hands: 19]
BB ($8.99) [VPIP: 38.1% | PFR: 23.8% | AGG: 17.6% | 3-Bet: 0% | hands: 21]
UTG ($15.36) [VPIP: 26.6% | PFR: 17.2% | AGG: 22.2% | 3-Bet: 7.1% | Hands: 68]
HERO ($10.06)
CO ($10) [VPIP: 21.7% | PFR: 17% | AGG: 36.5% | 3-Bet: 5.6% | Hands: 385]
BTN ($14.67) [VPIP: 10.3% | PFR: 7.4% | AGG: 33.3% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 68]

Dealt to Hero: K K

UTG Folds, HERO Raises To $0.30, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Raises To $0.80, BB Folds, HERO Calls $0.50

Hero SPR on Flop: [5.45 effective]
Flop ($1.70): 5 J 6
SB Bets $0.91 (Rem. Stack: 22.71), HERO Raises To $2.12 (Rem. Stack: 7.14), SB Calls $1.21 (Rem. Stack: 21.50)

Turn ($5.94): 5 J 6 5
SB Checks, HERO Checks

River ($5.94): 5 J 6 5 8
SB Bets $4.21 (Rem. Stack: 17.29),

HERO ?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SB seems to be on the loose side only 19 hands though and his 3 bet percentage is sky high with 28.6% so that would say the villains tendencies are loose-aggressive or maniac.

Given you re-raise on the flop (which will not fold out many hands would raise bigger against this type of opponent) and check back on the turn the villain still can have a very wide range. So I would not like it but would make the call.

M

_migs_

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SB seems to be on the loose side only 19 hands though and his 3 bet percentage is sky high with 28.6% so that would say the villains tendencies are loose-aggressive or maniac.

Given you re-raise on the flop (which will not fold out many hands would raise bigger against this type of opponent) and check back on the turn the villain still can have a very wide range. So I would not like it but would make the call.

Would the best line of play have been raise bigger after the flop and bet the turn?

B

braveslice

Pull-ups!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre I would 4bet smallish, just because chances are that he is so agro he might shove AJo and stuff like that.

As played otf I would bet larger, because if he calls 2.12 he will call 2.40 or so too.

As played, I would call river. We only have 19 hands but like Hujiko says being able to 3bet 6 times out of 20 I think his most likely style is overvaluing everything and bluffing missed draws. That said, you need 29% to win, and we are at best looking something like 35% (opinion) without extra information so folding ok solution too imo.

Personally, I like turn check because most likely error villain does is betting too much.

Yanko57

Yanko57

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would 4-bet too, but I do think your biggest mistake here is checking the turn. Don't let a free card beat you.

As played, no doubt I call on the river. What can he have that beats you?

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4B pre.

SB is looking fishy, that’s a terrible 3B size oop. 4B and lower the spr.

Ap 2B a bit bigger on the flop.

The turn sucks. I don’t mind a check back without the Kd. Can probably bet sometimes though.

Call river. It’s an easy call with KK I think. Probably ahead 50%+ of the time vs this player, break even on the call 28%ish?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call on the river, I do not think the villain has a flush. I can summarize that the only way you lose that hand is with AA but I do to him AJ, as some colleagues have said it was not a good decision to check the turn but for me it is an easy call on the river

Greetings

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call on the river, I do not think the villain has a flush. I can summarize that the only way you lose that hand is with AA but I do to him AJ, as some colleagues have said it was not a good decision to check the turn but for me it is an easy call on the river

Greetings

Greeting bud,

I’m not sure why villain doesn’t have a flush?

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
River is an easy call in my opinion especially as played, he could value bet worse so we gotta call always, hes almost always value betting AJ, QQ, our range is so underrepped that we generally dont have kings here so he could be trying to take as off from an underpair to the jack aswell with that bet so KK is clear call here always.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greeting bud,

I’m not sure why villain doesn’t have a flush?
hi, I say this because his pre-flop raise the only way is him raise AK, AQ or a raise with 10-9, 8-7 ( all suited of course), but the last ones I doubt

Last edited:
H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with all the sets, straights and flushes out there, kk is not looking so good. I would probably fold at river but then again I am a mtt player.

G

Gabe16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi, I say this because his pre-flop raise the only way is him raise AK, AQ or a raise with 10-9, 8-7 ( all suited of course), but the last ones I doubt

I don’t know. I can see JT, QJ and some smaller sc like 89 being 3B.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4-bet small pre. The guy looks like an aggro donk, so take advantage of that in position.

Only thing is I'd raise flop a little more. Turn is a std check. And call the river.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as played id bet the turn and fold to a raise.

youll get plenty of calls from Jx, QQ and 1 card flush draws.

that will allow you to check back the river often and show down

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think you have to call here. Given the limited stats you have indicate that villain is a maniac
I don't think that he would have slowed down if he had hit a flush on the turn

Full Flush Poker