$10 NLHE 6-max: KK 3bet IP on TQJdd(!!!)

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is hand as played:

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 108.3 BB
SB: 134.5 BB
BB: 101.5 BB
UTG: 126.8 BB
MP: 196.1 BB
CO: 128.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: K:diamond:

fold, MP raises to 3.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 5.5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) T:diamond: Q:club: J:diamond:
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
MP checks, Hero bets 10 BB, fold

Hero wins 18.6 BB

--------------------------

What do you think of the flop check? should we bet so long as we have the :k4d:?

Our 3! range BTN vs HJ: 34 value combos and 36 bluff conbos
QQ-AA
AK
-----
76s-89s, T8s, A2s-A5s

Estimated HJ flat range vs BTN 3!: (AssumingMDF is ~50% and his open has 174c, so he defends ~84c)
(AA, KK, AK are 4!, AJo is 4! bluff)
QQ-99, ATs-AQs, KJs+, AQo

On that flop our ranges are about even. I've got the straights, he's got the sets.

Let me know if my thinking here is f:icon_porccked up.

Flop checks should be all decent hands, bet with my straights (98s, AK) sets (QQ) some shit hands with draws (T8s, wheel aces with backdoors) since we don't want to see a check raise too often.

Thoughts?

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Here is hand as played:

Yatahay Network - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 108.3 BB
SB: 134.5 BB
BB: 101.5 BB
UTG: 126.8 BB
MP: 196.1 BB
CO: 128.8 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K K

fold, MP raises to 3.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, MP calls 5.5 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) T Q J
MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 3
MP checks, Hero bets 10 BB, fold

Hero wins 18.6 BB

--------------------------

What do you think of the flop check? should we bet so long as we have the :k4d:?

Our 3! range BTN vs HJ: 34 value combos and 36 bluff conbos
QQ-AA
AK
-----
76s-89s, T8s, A2s-A5s

Estimated HJ flat range vs BTN 3!: (AssumingMDF is ~50% and his open has 174c, so he defends ~84c)
(AA, KK, AK are 4!, AJo is 4! bluff)
QQ-99, ATs-AQs, KJs+, AQo

On that flop our ranges are about even. I've got the straights, he's got the sets.

Let me know if my thinking here is f:icon_porccked up.

Flop checks should be all decent hands, bet with my straights (98s, AK) sets (QQ) some shit hands with draws (T8s, wheel aces with backdoors) since we don't want to see a check raise too often.

Thoughts?

We completely smashed the flop. Not much options here, to get action Villain should have hit something, but it didn't.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check in this case is not a bad action. the board is too coordinated and we don't need an opponent raise at all. therefore, if we don't know our opponent, it is very important to achieve pot control. when a blank card comes out, I would bet the turn or go into check-call mode.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd lean towards betting all my Kx that's 3 betting here on the flop since we will have either a straight, or a pair and an open ender. Blocking diamonds is a bonus but diamonds could also kill the action. It's possible we may have been able to get a little value with a c-bet before the third diamond hit. It's fine to have some strong check backs but in position I'd rather bet 1/3 on this flop and get called wide then eval turn. We can even call the check raise when we are this strong since we block a lot of nut combos and still draw to the nuts.

As far as the 3! ranges I don't know if you need to be this balanced in the micros but maybe it's good practice. You mention BTN vs HJ but we are 6 handed so the HH shows it as BTN vs CO which seems like we should have a wider value range. I'd definitely be 3 betting hands like AQ and KQs (that's 20 more comobs already) against most Vs unless they are super nitty. I probably wouldn't have as many 3! bluffs with the lower suited connectors but in position against some Vs it's probably profitable.

No reads on V but I think QQ is going to 4 bet some portion of the time so I wouldn't give V all the sets. We can also certainly 3! JJ+ vs a CO open so I think we both have about the same amount of sets. Once we check flop I think we have to size as you did here on the turn, unfortunate we didn't get any more value but a win is a win. Also I probably 3x the 3 bet. His open is large but I think we want fat value with our strong hands and fold equity with our bluffs so I'm not sure why going closer to 2.5x would be the plan.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Against a 3,5BB open I prefer a larger 3-bet to at least 10,5-11BB. Make him pay to stick around and get some value from the second nuts.

Flop
I dont think, checking back is terrible, but I prefer to bet for value against most opponents. Sure we are behind now to 9 combos of sets, and these are absolutely in his range, but even then we have 10 outs, so its almost a coinflip. As for flopped straights just calling the 3-bet OOP nearly remove AK from his range, and we also block half its combos. If he can have the other straights or two pair, its probably only the suited combos, and in that case his range is very wide and will also include hands like J9s or T9s, which we are ahead off.

Turn
Given that we checked back flop, we need to bet turn now, and picking it up is not a bad outcome at all. We still won 10,5BB, and we did not have to make any difficult decision on the river. If he had a hand like 66-88, which called because we gave him a great price preflop, he is not going to put any money in postflop on a board like this, where he is completely smoked. It just it, what it is, and for sure a whole lot better than him spiking a set against us.