SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: J:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, SB calls 7 BB

Flop: (20 BB, 2 players) 2:club: 5:club: T:heart:
SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, SB raises to 30 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

Turn: (80 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
SB bets 60 BB, Hero raises to 84.6 BB, SB calls 24.6 BB

River: (249.2 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:

SB shows Q:diamond: Q:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 83%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
Hero shows J:spade: J:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks)
(Pre 17%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
SB wins 234.6 BB

Opinions? Thank you!

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Meh, 125bb deep I just let this one go. His range is set-heavy, some A high draws, and some QQ-AA, which JJ is doing very badly against. Although sometimes I CR air here, very rarely will people in general CR bluff as a total airball.

Also I find that Zoom/Zone players are nittier and have a tighter stackoff range. Fold flop, and turn is probably a fold too.

X

Xmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, thank you! I probably played this pretty bad. What would you do, if you had QQ/KK/AA instead of JJ in the exact same spot?

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
125bb deep if I have AA/KK/QQ with a club I check back flop and go for two streets, or let him value bet worse/barrel his air. QQ without a club I c-bet and probably let it go vs a CR. KK+ without a club I play the same as you and hope he shows up with overplayed JJ-QQ or some semi-bluff.

In 3-bet pots, I like to bet 55-60% pot now. I think when I bet 50% before, people floated me a lot wider and spazzed out a decent amount. From my experience, half-pot sizings in 3-bet pots get way less fold equity than 55-60%. Seems like a lot of players want to be like Tom Dwan and float with weak hands, or try to call down light. It's an even harder decision when you have an overpair, you're not sure if your bet sizing leveled him into making a move at the pot, and then you start leveling yourself lol. Since I play readless on Bovada, I bet half-pot only if I flop a nutted hand like a full house/trips top kicker or a strong overpair on a dry board. The other day I got someone to get it in OTT with 7 high when I half pot a AAQ board when I had QQ, and one time someone raised/called off 99 when I half-pot AQ on QQxss. Rest of my range is 55-60%. Sometimes more based on textures and my hand.

Last edited:
alipalip

alipalip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
His flop ch/raise shows pretty much strong, and than he donks the turn with 3/4 pot bet so better is if you let it go next time.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No.... ya, you played this fine. You are jamming this turn all day. It's close in terms of equity, but you should still get it in here. I'd advise not posting results, I think it skews too many people's opinions.