$10 NLHE 6-max: He thinks is splitting?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
vilain has 50 to call to 3bet, 19 WTSD and 29 W$SD.
I have so manny douds here,he donks flop with wath? should i have raised his donk? and on the river,he thinks he is spliting? or he shoves for value with a beatter hand?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4qsYZoG

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
there's no splitting in this hand, any J or 9 is winning
I think your best play, would be raise the donk bet in the flop, and if he pay, make a overbet in the turn, if he had JJ or AA gg
AJ would win also, but only in the river. I think the 9 is never in villain hand

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you played this hand fine. If you were 100BB deep, I would be more inclined to get it in, but for 220BB you need higher standards for stacking off. On the river any 9 or J beat you, and because you were so deep, he had more room to call your 3-bet with some speculative hands like suited connectors, 1-gappers etc. So I think, its absolutely plausible, he had you beat here, and possibly all the time since the flop.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
vilain has 50 to call to 3bet, 19 WTSD and 29 W$SD.
I have so manny douds here,he donks flop with wath? should i have raised his donk? and on the river,he thinks he is spliting? or he shoves for value with a beatter hand?
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4qsYZoG

Forget about WTSD and W$SD, unless you have played at least 20 thousands hands with Villain.
Again, your 3-bet range is polarized for values. You 3-bet to 3.6x IP, which is a clear indication of your range condition: you never polarize that much for bluff, because otherwise, your bluffs were going to be very expensive for the times you'll be forced to fold even for a 4-bet or right on the flop.
Yeah, the board is very dry and we could only be calling OTR if we have information of Villain to do such things in similar board textures. Otherwise, Villain is representing the Jx and 9x.
You should not have raised OTF, because it is way too dry, the call seems more correct in the long run. The reason not to raise OTF is because you should ask which hands polarize 3-bet preflop and then go for a raise OTF, when you will only have a couple of JJ+ and much more AJ, KJ, hands that we are not raising here.
Well, we should have AJ and KJ and even QJ on our 3-bet range here, but, given the fact that you polarized preflop, these hands should be automatically excluded.
I say this everytime and I will repeat: we do not raise for value on spots where we don't have bluffs.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Forget about WTSD and W$SD, unless you have played at least 20 thousands hands with Villain.
Again, your 3-bet range is polarized for values. You 3-bet to 3.6x IP, which is a clear indication of your range condition: you never polarize that much for bluff, because otherwise, your bluffs were going to be very expensive for the times you'll be forced to fold even for a 4-bet or right on the flop.
Yeah, the board is very dry and we could only be calling OTR if we have information of Villain to do such things in similar board textures. Otherwise, Villain is representing the Jx and 9x.
You should not have raised OTF, because it is way too dry, the call seems more correct in the long run. The reason not to raise OTF is because you should ask which hands polarize 3-bet preflop and then go for a raise OTF, when you will only have a couple of JJ+ and much more AJ, KJ, hands that we are not raising here.
Well, we should have AJ and KJ and even QJ on our 3-bet range here, but, given the fact that you polarized preflop, these hands should be automatically excluded.
I say this everytime and I will repeat: we do not raise for value on spots where we don't have bluffs.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa
I allwais love your analisis Carlos. But i do polarize there,in fact iff u raise bigueer than the 3x usual thing u wath to be polarize otherwise vilain has an easy fold preflop,or only play to setmine.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With all due respect I understand that this is NL10 but I think you are losing a lot of money in these places in the long term. Your range is totally balanced with that crazy board, so in this particular case you have a great advantage with your kings. Both villain and hero are playing polarized ranges, so this should be an instant call in any stake, unless we know the villain is a true NIT, but I'm not sure if this is the particular case.
Greetings.