$10 NLHE 6-max: Good or Bad Value Rive Bet??

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thought when they checked back the Turn they either had nothing or pot controlling with a Queen. Maybe they were trying to induce with flopped set or backed into bd flush

his QueenPoker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10.18 (101.8 bb)
BB: $10.45 (104.5 bb) 22/20 25% AG although 8.0AF 65 hands
UTG: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
MP: $11.35 (113.5 bb)
CO: $5.68 (56.8 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif

4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 2
spade4.gif
T
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.80) 5
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($3.80) 8
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero folds

Results: $7.80 pot ($0.35 rake)
Final Board: 2
spade4.gif
T
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif
club4.gif
club4.gif

Hero mucked T
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
and lost (-$3.90 net)
BB mucked and won $7.45 ($3.55 net)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold to the 3bet pre.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand why we bet/fold river? If our Intention was to get "Value" we did have a bluff catching hand, correct me If I'm not mistaken, so would It not have been better to CC, rather than bet/fold?

Also am wondering, what exactly besides J9 does this? Do they 3bet J9 pre? Is that In their range? I mean a better 2 pair hand would've bet flop+turn, unless I'm missing something here, and a set would also bet flop+turn to get more $$$ ITM, so are you saying they "Hit the Back-door running Clubs"?

HowS

HowS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably should have folded to the 3bet pre, but if villian have been opening up with a wide range calling is fine. I think the bet fold play on the river was fine, it was worth a shot.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thought when they checked back the Turn they either had nothing or pot controlling with a Queen. Maybe they were trying to induce with flopped set or backed into bd flush

his QueenPoker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $10.18 (101.8 bb)
BB: $10.45 (104.5 bb) 22/20 25% AG although 8.0AF 65 Hands
UTG: $10.05 (100.5 bb)
MP: $11.35 (113.5 bb)
CO: $5.68 (56.8 bb)
BTN: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif

4 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 2
spade4.gif
T
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.80) 5
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

River: ($3.80) 8
club4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.50, Hero folds

Results: $7.80 pot ($0.35 rake)
Final Board: 2
spade4.gif
T
spade4.gif
Q
club4.gif
club4.gif
club4.gif

Hero mucked T
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
and lost (-$3.90 net)
BB mucked and won $7.45 ($3.55 net)

What are you doing pre? Oh my gosh....

If you're going to play, I would probably just take a passive line and complete the SB. When we raise, and we get 3b, we should fold.

Fold to 3b pre.

See what happens postflop now? You flop 2nd pair meh kicker, and here we are. The PF call is compunding into a crap call OTF.

So as played, we check turn, and when V checks back, we check river also. We want to give V a chance to make mistakes and bet worse hands, then we call. We can't really bet for value, because V checked back on the turn. So it's probably safe to say he doesn't have Qx. So what can we get value from? JJ maybe.... that's about it.

So as played C/C river. In this spot, I don't think you have the best hand OTR, but who knows? This should have been a snap fold preflop to that 3b.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see this kind of thing in HH on CC all the time. So I will address it.

Why is everyone always playing junk hands OOP? Position is important. As you see on this hand, you have no clue what V has, it's tough to play, etc. This is a BTN hand, not a raise /call 3b from SB.

Fold pre. Fold pre. Fold pre.

M

MinhANguyen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see this kind of thing in HH on CC all the time. So I will address it.

Why is everyone always playing junk hands OOP? Position is important. As you see on this hand, you have no clue what V has, it's tough to play, etc. This is a BTN hand, not a raise /call 3b from SB.

Fold pre. Fold pre. Fold pre.

Because it's sooooted LOL.

Even IP this is usually a fold pre.

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold to the preflop 3-bet.

As played, check/call river.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rhom I know you 3bet a lot from the blinds yourself with a good polarised range but this doesn't mean everyone does.
I noticed in some of your recent stats that you also don't like folding to 3 bets, maybe because you know how wide people can be. But you are projecting the way you think about the game onto others and it often isn't the case. Most 3bets are still for value.
Even against a polarised range and b v b you are going to be an equity dog nearly all the time here and oop.
Flatting this 3bet with this hand is a terrible leak. It is a clear 4bet or fold spot. Incidentally I have greater success 4betting from the SB over the BB than from any other position it nearly always gets through because the BB 3bets so wide here so don't be afraid to 4bet this spot.

The resulting hand is a classic example of how things play out with middle cards. You flop 2nd pair and never know where you stand with no initiative.
On the river I agree with betting, we are looking to get value from all his Qx. I agree that lots of weak Queens will check the turn looking for a cheaper showdown and to snap off your bluffs. It does seem like you've run into a flush but it's a prime bluffing card for a guy with a high AF and a checked through turn indicating you aren't very strong.
I would probably have called a guy with AF 8 and expect to be good more often than not.

f1reball

f1reball

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why did u call 3bet? does he 3bets much? if he is, so why did u raise that hand? may be shud just open fold pre? or play steal-4bet? or limp-call? oO much options, but calling 3bet oop w a gap is a waste.

-
river - call, middle reg woudnt chek backdor fd, he'd double barrel it, set's double barrel 4 defend&value, stupied line from BB.