re: Poker & $10 NLHE 6-max: Don't really like my line, Help. TT monotone low board
Originally Posted by baudib1
1. You're never getting hands that crush us to call, they will 4-bet. This guy is reasonably TAG so he's not opening a ton of total trash on the button, very likely he has hands that will always have equity against us. There's a great deal of value in taking down a small pot here instead of trying to navigate even favorable flops. If you need proof of this, look at OP.
2. WTF at playing TT for set value. WTF at playing anything for set value vs. the BTN. If you're cold-calling with 22 here for set value, you are setting money on fire.
3. wat. balancing our ranges in all spots and at all stakes is a good thing.
4. really if you think we are bluffing when we raise a BTN with TT then WTF. and auto-stacking underpairs on monotone boards isn't going to be profitable in the long run, trust me.
5. We should probably flat AA in the SB vs. BTN almost all the time.
Wow, you are stubborn man. I don't think you understood my points.
1. Why do you know he will 4-bet JJ+? Have you talked to him and he told you that's what he does? Plenty of people flat 3-bets with premium hands fwiw, and it can be correct vs a wide 3-bet range.
You like to talk about balancing, what about if you never call 3-bet with premium hands villains will know you don't have them? This is just turning your argument against you, but the fact is you should never try to balance anything in the micros, you're not playing durrr. And if you are playing someone that's so good you need to balance, change the freaking table
2. I didn't say I was playing it for set value, but set value is a big part of playing any pocket pair, so I was saying the implied odds of a set just increase exponentially if BB calls too.
3. See #1.
4. Who said anything about auto-stacking ? You aren't bluffing by definition when you 3-bet but you set yourself up versus a range that you're flipping with at best and you're out of position.
Would you rather be up against a range that you flip with OOP in a bigger pot with lower SPR or up against a range that you crush at 68% with a higher SPR ?
To be value raising you have to be called by worse, tell me what worse hands from this guy do you think call your 3-bet? MAYBE 88 99 and that's it?
5. What's your win-rate with AA ?